Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Storm

Post Thanks / Like

Been below freezing here in Kansas for the last week or so. Got about 3 inches of snow total. Lows in the single digits or low teens. Today finally hit a high of 32! Tomorrow, high of 30 again. Then snow/ice mix moving back in for Friday. We're running about 15-20 degrees below our normal temps. Got the deer hunkered down too. Sat out in the snowfall for 3 hours last night, and never saw a thing. Gonna give it a try again in the morning. Didn't someone say something about global warming not long ago? lol
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Sonny Thomas

Default Winter Storm

Dec 13, 2013. Friday the 13th. How about that? It started Friday evening. I shoved snow around 11:00 pm. This is Saturday morning, 8:00 am. As much snow as I shoveled last night. So 5 or 6 inches and still coming, just real fine stuff though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 12-14-2013 at 08:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny, we were on the very northern reaches of that storm last night. We got another 2 or 3 inches between last night and this morning. Then it turned partly sunny. Seems as soon as the temperature gets up into the teens and struggles to the 20's we get more snow this year.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We had to get our blind in the storm that is coming tonight would have been a little to much for the blind.

1214131322-02.jpg

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just started snowing here about 2 hours ago. It looks heavy, but we're only supposed to get about 3" by 8pm. Then change to rain and freezing rain overnite. I think I'll hibernate for the rest of the winter. Temps in the mid 20's.

Oh, as for the mention of global warming? It may just be another Al Gore scare tactic, but consider that most of the USA was once covered by 1000' of ice and snow so many millions of years ago. The ice slowly melted and receded into what we call the Arctic. It's been melting for several million years so who is to say that this "global warming" isn't just a continuation of history.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Sonny Thomas

Default Winter Storm

Lord! Ain't good... Pretty sometimes though. Took these through the kitchen window, screen and window. The Wind Mill I took out the back door.
    One of the corner of the front deck, you can just see my target butt. Mmmm.... Could shoot through the kitchen window and make the wife go get my arrows

Plowed snow until I dropped. Came in, ate, and passed out for 2 1/2 hours. Man! When the blade on the ATV catches hold of something! Slam! Bam! and dang near over the handle bars. Good ole ATV. 1998 Kawaski. Broke down and finally put a new spark plug in it just this last summer. Walked into Jett's Kawaski and asked for a spark plug. Asked if it didn't fall under warranty Gary, retired now and letting his kids run the place, said; "Sonny, you're killin' me, Just killin' me."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 12-14-2013 at 08:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok ... December 22nd and this is the first what I would call big winter snow storm for my area. I live in the GreenBay, Wisconsin area and it started snowing very early this morning and it's still coming down. Forecasts have it between 5 to 7 inches by the end. It looks like we already have about 4 inches.

Post Thanks / Like

Just came home from our first Winter League 3D shoot this year. I think it has to be the only one that I remember sweating. About 60 degrees. All the snow has disappeared in just two days. Now it's mud we have to deal with. Supposed to be in the low 30's tomorrow.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody want some freezing rain? I don't know how much we've gotten, but we could get more.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Sonny Thomas

Pass on the freezing rain. We just got it and with a just a touch of snow on top to make it all the more....rotten. Iced in, we may not even get out for Christmas. And the weather forecast is calling wind chills in the double digits....