Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Storm

Post Thanks / Like
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I said a four letter word!! Snow!! oops!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Sonny Thomas

Just got in and a thawing out. The ole ATV is just great. Plowed around the house so we could move about feeding the birds, and feed and water the chickens and dogs. Plowed out the drive real good, but wind a howling I had to hit the sides of the drive because of drifting. Said White Out conditions. Road Patrol hasn't been through yet and I ain't all thrilled about plowing snow a bit over a mile to the highway.
    Came in and all my clothing was snow, snow white Yeah, snow just plastered on me.
    Still snowing, I think, can't tell with the wind blowin' snow all over.
    And the really bad news, winds to pick up! Tonight, calling for -14 to -17 and wind chill factor of 45 below....

Post Thanks / Like

Man if you arrowed a deer it would get freezer burn before you got to it. Not that I would be hunting in that.
    If your gonna run with the big dogs you gotta get off the porch..

Hunt in Marion County, Colorado County and Houston County, Texas
    Compounds: Martin Bengal, Martin Silencer, Parker Blackhawk XP
    Recurves: 65'Pearson Hunter, 70's Shakespeare x18 and a Neil Tarbell
    www.usrecon.com
    www.usrecon.com/49.html
    Texas Outdoor News

Sonny Thomas

Morning...and just morning. There ain't no good about. 10:15 am and it's -12 degrees and may get up to -8 degrees by 3:00 pm. Airport just gave a wind chill of -31 degrees. I ain't going out unless the house catches fire...and it better be pretty hot before I hit the door..... Wife filled the dog houses with new straw last evening and ain't the best you can see them is if they stick their nose out the door to see when we called to them. They gave the look of; Are you crazy? I ain't coming out."

Post Thanks / Like

I left for work this morning at 4:15am, it was -12 when I left the house. I work about 25 miles away, by the time I got to work it was -15. At 9:30am it was down to -17 and at noon it was -18. I live north of work and on my drive home it steadily got warmer .... all the way up to -14.

The actual air temp isn't the bad part ... the winds are howling about 25mph.

Our dogs get to stay in the house all day, but they want to go outside. I can't believe the two big ones go out and play in this weather. After about a half hour my wife calls to them to come in and they stand and look at her like they are asking, "Why do we have to come in?"

Mike

Sonny Thomas

Our not quite year old Lab is that way. She won't bother the wife too much, but if I go outside she's right at my side and 99.99999999% she wants petted or hugged. And just a bit go, same thing and the wind chill is terrible.

Sonny Thomas

Never gave thought when I parked my old Olds, right out in the open and going on 3 days of below zero and wind chills down to -41, -25 and now 3 above with wind chill of -16. The ole girl went rrrrrrr.... Groan, oh yeah. Broke the ice loose to get the hood up and got a drop cord....got the drop to cord to /\/\/\/\/\/\/\__to the Olds Turned the charger on and went back in the house. It's cold out there! Couple hours later my lil ole Olds fires up. Has a electric de-icer rear glass, turned that on. Got the heater on high to thaw the ice on the windshield.
    Now, if the wife had stocked up on candy bars I wouldn't have to make a trip to the store. Yeah, she's addicted to chocolate....
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 01-07-2014 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Swearing

Post Thanks / Like

Good one Sonny!!!!

I work with some kind of strange ducks at work. The one old guy, and I mean old...(73 and he doesn't want to retire, been with the company for 51yrs), has 3 cars, an old Chevy that he usually drives to work, a Mercedes Benz, and a Corvette with a super charger and inter-cooler. After 3 days of below zero weather and wind chills of -50, only one of his cars would start. You guessed it; he drove that corvette into work today. I couldn't believe it. Then after work today.... and it got up to -4 today with the wind chills at about -12, (heat wave), I didn't think that vette would start. But it did, it fired right up no problem.

Post Thanks / Like

BREAK! Our January thaw has come. Snow melting like crazy there are just spots here and there and where snow was piled up from plowing and snow removal. Creeks and streams have swollen and flood warnings have been issued. 40 degrees and more. Dang nice after below zero for 56 hours straight and wind chills staying longer for below zero.
    Got to practice once. Had to wear knew boots for the water and mud. Down side was contending with the wind. To see your arrow on a head on collision with the bull's eye or X ring and and then whip off just feet from the target makes you go; &^%$$#@ But it was fun just getting out to fling arrows.....
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself