Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Winter Storm

Post Thanks / Like

So the cold weather has zapped the ole car battery. Yeah, had to put the charger on it yesterday. Fired up and I did the running for the wife and then dad's truck needed to go the garage with him using a walker because he fell and really banged up his knee. 87 years old, he don't need banged up.

So the battery died sometime during the night, like in died dead. New battery, no problem, right? WRONG! The battery is partial under the fender, battery posts to the front against the inner front grill and there's this body strut crisscrossing over the top, it has to come loose and "quarter" turned. Manual says it may take 30 minutes to change. Them %^@#$# flat rate guys never changed one outside in 20 degree weather with the wind blowing 100 mph....Well, enough to have -2 degree wind chill. And that wasn't the worst of it. They battery clamp, the nut welded unneather broke loose and the bolt won't won't loosen. Pry bar time. 20 minutes prying and the battery comes loose. Don't get happy yet. Positive post comes off first. The battery must be turned up on end of come out. You then can take the negative post off. Wanna know how cold tools get out in the open? I can tell you, but Barry would ban me.... So batteries for the Olds were rounded around the top. This was to get the battery out of the #$%#^$%&^ designed carpetment for it. Guess how new batteries come? Yeah, squared on the top. There's a carbon air filter box bolted to the frame from underneath. Mine is now customized. Yep, took a small sledge and caved in the side. And it still took a big screw driver to force the battery down in place. Great! Got it in. Got it hooked up. And the #$^%^^&%$ won't start! Not even a click! That the wife ran for the house does not mean I screamed all that loud and with great profanity. Just had to go to house quick was all. I don't know where the dogs went. So I'm looking around for something I might have pulled loose. Nothing. I hear something like a beep, click or whatever. My courtesy lights are on and their on with them being off. The doom light won't go out. More beeps and clicks. Read book. Nothing. Insert key into ignition. Speedometer indicator jumps. One beep, one click. The lights work like their suppose to and all on their own. Insert key again and try to start. It whipped over so fast I thought the engine was coming out. I didn't read where the computer has to reset itself after a battery change. !$#$%^ computers!
    Two hands froze, one temper on fire and 3 hours and I have my Olds purring again.
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

Post Thanks / Like

Truth be told, I'm jealous of all the snow, we don't get much in Nevada. I grew up & lived about 2 hours from Simon and the winters were awesome. Here it's just cold & windy.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

GRAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Man! Yesterday I was out shooting in near 48 degrees and thinking Spring. Last night the wind came in sounding like a locomotive. Lord, did it howl. This morning, 4 above zero....
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    GRAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Man! Yesterday I was out shooting in near 48 degrees and thinking Spring. Last night the wind came in sounding like a locomotive. Lord, did it howl. This morning, 4 above zero....
    It's a balmy 27 degrees here right now.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

yep it was in the high 40's here this weekend and sunny, I cleaned my yard up and got my bow out Saturday... it was a good day

But today the clouds and the nasty have moved back in...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

We've had enough snow here (10 miles West of Philadelphia) to drive me nuts. Last Wed. I shoveled a path in my backyard to the target and then to my shooting position. I got 3 days of shooting in before the 5" of snow we got today. Oh well, its back to the basement and pellet gun.

Post Thanks / Like

Joe H, We used to live in Media, all that snow is one reason I moved back down south. It was 72 degrees down here yesterday, today going to cool off to 63. I will say I could have got my limit on deer right in my front yard up there. I lived right across the street from Ridley State Park and the deer just loved our shrubs. Pull up in the driveway and there would be sometimes at least 6 loitering in my front yard. I do miss the Media Blues Festival every year. BTW welcome to the site.
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

Post Thanks / Like

Bluesman, Did you have any contact with nearby Middletown Archery when you lived in Media? I bought some stuff from them, but I'm not sure if I want to join for range use due to the limited/odd hours they have. So far, I'm happy with my backyard range.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Snow again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yuck!!!!!!!!!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

No, During that part of my live the bow was under the bed collecting dust. Was focused on climbing the corporate ladder at that time. Work Work Work.
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver