Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Old

Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting Old

Am I getting old or what? My oldest child (daughter) is 40 years old today.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday to her.!
    Mine will be 40 in about six months but I try not to act my age.

Sonny Thomas

My oldest, my daughter, turned 44 this last August. Only time I felt old was when she called me and said; "Guess what grandpa." Had gray hair before we hung up....

Post Thanks / Like

wow you guy are old lol my son will be 29 next fathers day
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

5. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pups. I must be older than dirt. My son ( Elkslayer ) will be 49 on his next birthday. I'll turn 69 this comming spring.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Our oldest daughter turns 40 this January 31st. Our oldest son turns 38 on February 2nd, his oldest daughter, our oldest grandchild, turns 16 on January 23rd.

There is something wrong with my wife's and my family around end of May and beginning of June. My wife's birthday is January 21st and mine is February 5th. In our families it is best not to look at your spouse or go on separate vacations come that time of year, unless you want another kid!!!

You are only as old as you feel. Until the last couple of years our boys and my son-in-laws said they had a hard time keeping up with me. The tables are starting to turn. I just started this year to admit that I was kind of having to work at it now.

Mike

Sonny Thomas

Well, I don't want any more kids, but I ain't giving up on picking on those in Adult Free Style

Post Thanks / Like

My son turned 27 Nov.24th. I will 58 on Dec. 29th.
    Old as dirt and feel like a bulldozer has been running all over me....LOL
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.

Sonny Thomas

Might be getting some age on me, but if I'm downhearted or letting the aches show it's because all my archery sidekicks have dwindling away. I have new sidekicks, but it's just not the same. My old sidekicks are still around. They just don't shoot 3D anymore.******

For my area, I would have a hard time counting 10 that are still shooting since I began competing back in 2000.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    Might be getting some age on me, but if I'm downhearted or letting the aches show it's because all my archery sidekicks have dwindling away. I have new sidekicks, but it's just not the same. My old sidekicks are still around. They just don't shoot 3D anymore.******

For my area, I would have a hard time counting 10 that are still shooting since I began competing back in 2000.
    Boy Sonny, do I know that story. I can count on one hand the guys I used to shoot against that are still active, and I started shooting back in '73. Back then it was all field and target shooting. Some just can't believe that I still shoot, even though not as much as years past. I'm still known and respected by a lot of younger guys, but as you said, it's not the same. If I didn't coach kids around here I would probably have given this game up a few years back, but with them around at least there's somebody that I can still out shoot. LOL.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver