Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Limited Edition

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post
    The new Cougar FC is just a renamed 2011 Firecat 360 that came standard with the Acutrak cam. I don't know the Rytera line that well and their website is now gone. Were the roller guards standard on all models? I'm also guessing they had different cams based on your reply? Either way they should be great shooters with 34" and 36" ata & the Acutrak.
    Correct. That Cougar would still be limited edition because the Acutrak wasn't available in 2012 nor was it ever used with that model name. All Rytera's cams are basically just renamed from the ones on the Martins.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Well..... Santa has one headed this way, hard to pass up a Rytera at those prices. It's advertised as an X but has the specs of the Z, will see when it gets here. Really looking forward to the longer ata with the Acu-Trak. I have never shot a smoother cam on a compound.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z

3. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats. Pictures will be needed.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Martin was getting rid of old stock. They made some Franken Bows and sold them on KM hut at the end of the old Martin era and called them Limited.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tosi View Post
    Martin was getting rid of old stock. They made some Franken Bows and sold them on KM hut at the end of the old Martin era and called them Limited.
    I'm looking real hard at one of these. Any thoughts on an Alien Z with Accutrac cams?

Anyone try to put Nitrous C on an Alien Z? I have a Nitrous-x setup sitting around, but I don't know if they would even fit or what the DL or poundage would be. How would it compare to the old nitrous Slayr specs, considering the ATA and BH are pretty close? Alien Z with Nitrous X; that would be sweet if you ask me.

For what it's worth, I have bought three bows from the KM guys over the years and they have been great. One bow was missing a part and they shipped it out super fast. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a bow from them and now that I see a bunch of lefties for sale, I'll likely pick one up.

Post Thanks / Like

I have bough several item from them in the past without issue. Had one hiccup that was taken care of very fast & professional. I was after a Z with the 36" ata and didn't notice the discrepancy in the listing until I made payment.

You Alien guys, is there an advantage of the roller guard over the slide or the other way around? Any preference of one over the other X or Z?
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z

Post Thanks / Like

Nutty, I just sold my 2010 Z a couple months ago. It had the roller guard. I had no problems with it and no cable wear, but I thought it pulled the cables to the side more severely than I liked. What I did was remove it, reamed the front screw hole in the riser (just a little) and reinstalled the roller bracket with a 1/8" spacer between the riser and bracket at the hole I reamed. This changed the angle of the bracket so the rollers were closer to the center line of the bow. Now whether this did anything of value is up for debate. I never really scrutinized it, but think it reduced side load on the cables and the resulting limb twist that causes cam lean.

The bow was certainly a shooter and I think I should have kept it and sold one of Nemisis instead.

There used to be a user on here that installed Nitrous cams on his Scepter, I believe. The present limbs are too narrow between the forks for the Nitrous cams. What he did was file and sand them to make the Nitrous fit. I had measured and the forks were closer by just about 1/10".
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Got the bow today and it is the wrong one. Supposed to be 55-70, good looking riser. Tosi, I think you are right. I was hoping the limbs were marked with the Rytera logo but they both say Martin & the riser is Rytera all the way. Measured the ata while I had it out for pictures and it was only 33". That is a Martin quality control issue in my opinion, unacceptable to be out that far.

Got the email out to the seller in hopes of clearing up the issue. Also hoping the next one will be a Z. The description had conflicting specs in it and I didn't notice it until it was paid for.

I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z

Post Thanks / Like

NN sorry that the wrong one showed and hope you get the 70lbs limbs. I will say that the Accu-Trak cams were one of Martin best along with the old Nitrous. Can't wait to see the results once you get the bow you ordered.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda frustrating, every new Martin I have bought has not been what was ordered. My Firecat 360 was rigged up with a string change to make the weight I ordered. My Ridge Hunter was advertised with cloaked cams and came black, and now this. If I didn't love the draw cycle of the Acu-Trak I'd go back to Bowtech. Working a deal with another guy on an Oneida Extreme Eagle. Hopefully it will pan out, I have a love hate relationship with them.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z