Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Limited Edition

Post Thanks / Like

i would assume that the limbs are different because the power curve in the cams are different, and the string/cable lengths are different... so different deflection rates would be needed to make the same numbers.

Its probably more the difference in cable lengths though...
    Last edited by wscywabbit; 01-22-2014 at 08:23 PM.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post

Its probably more the difference in cable lengths though...
    Never give that a thought, your probably right. I would think the longer set would be on the CCS bow, not so. Fury cam bow string is 99" and cable is 39 1/2". Acu-Trak bow is 98 string with 37 7/8 cable. Anyone else have a theory?
    That is why I said in an earlier/other post that I think the roller guard bows draw a little harder for me. Think about it, if the strings are shorter to start with, and you have to pull them through a stationary object, doesn't that effectively shorten them per-say to a slide that moves with the strings?
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Remember, its not just the route through the CCS, (I don't see how the CCS route is much different than the slide route) but the cable route in the cam as well as the distance of the pegs from the cam axle...

As to the impact the CCS has on the bow, I couldn't tell you, I've never owned one LOL. It seems to me though that keeping the cables static versus sliding on a rod would put a litte bit more pressure on the limbs. I don't even think they'd actually do much for cam lean, but I could see how they promote longer cable life by reducing friction. I know they (supposedly) give a smoother draw than cable slides do, but again I wouldn't know lol.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Post Thanks / Like

Would you be happy with this cam? The more I think about it & look at it, the madder I get. Totally seems like these bows are made with "seconds". The finish flat sucks, look at the shoddy, uneven grinding. You'll also notice there is NO + or - or pad on the draw stop. The CCS is beat up, scratched, dented, and came loose on the bow.

Considering sending all 3 back instead of 2.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

I understand your frustration, its been a stressful last few weeks trying to get your order right. I agree that the cams don't have that "finished" look, and there may be some other small inconsistencies that you find, and they all add up. But that being said, and I'm gonna play the part of the antagonist here, you got a great deal on the bow and they've been working with you to see to it that you get the right order.

The thing is though, KM Archery hut sells these bows at a discount because they are factory seconds and last year's gear and probably factory returns (I'm willing to bet the "used" bows on their site are factory refurbished)... in short, don't you get what you pay for? If the bow has the correct riser, limbs and cams, and it shoots well and has no functional defects, I might call it a done deal... just throwing that out there. But again, it never hurts to ask

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    I understand your frustration, its been a stressful last few weeks trying to get your order right. I agree that the cams don't have that "finished" look, and there may be some other small inconsistencies that you find, and they all add up. But that being said, and I'm gonna play the part of the antagonist here, you got a great deal on the bow and they've been working with you to see to it that you get the right order.

The thing is though, KM Archery hut sells these bows at a discount because they are factory seconds and last year's gear and probably factory returns (I'm willing to bet the "used" bows on their site are factory refurbished)... in short, don't you get what you pay for? If the bow has the correct riser, limbs and cams, and it shoots well and has no functional defects, I might call it a done deal... just throwing that out there. But again, it never hurts to ask
    Yes they have been working with me. According to them, both Z's came directly from Martin and had to be built. I may be more upset at the fact Martin lets things like this out the door?? I took the picture with my phone and it shows much more detail of the grinder marks and if you could see it in person you'd be shaking your head. Nowhere in any of the ads have I seen the word "seconds", I can accept last years model or used/refurbished if it clearly states it.

As far as getting what you pay for, plain & simple, no I haven't. I have bought 4 new Martins in the last two years, all from licensed dealers and only one has been what was ordered. Thanks Archerx7. Going to make the call Sunday, going to town and shoot them both (Z's).
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, Archeryx7 is pretty awesome ... Like I said, just playin the part of the antagonist. I completely understand your frustration and would probably feel the same. Never hurts to ask either, you never know what the result will be. I'm hoping that whatever bow you keep does well for ya, and you get everything worked out

Post Thanks / Like

No worries dude, totally understand.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Finally had the chance to shoot the two Z's today. Still don't care for the "hump" with the Fury XT cam. It has a very sweet valley but getting there is uncomfortable for me. The deflection on these limbs are crazy for both being 70 pound bows.

The Z with the Fury cam and slide rod are 4LC and topped out at 74 pounds, had to turn it down to 62 before it was halfway comfortable for me, and was still twice as loud as the other one, both being bare. This bow also had rubber spiders in the string from the factory.

The Z with the Acu-Trak cam limbs are 1HP and topped out at 78 pounds. This bow also has the CCS and a bare string. The draw cycle is almost identical to my Ridge Hunter and what I was after in the beginning. Set it at 70 pounds and was spooky quiet for a bare bow.

Both bows were within 1/4" on ATA and brace and both were equally fast. The fit & finish on the Fury bow is a tad better.

Looks like I'll be keeping the Acu-Trak Z.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel