Thread: limb problems..

Post Thanks / Like

Default limb problems..

hey everyone, got some venting to do about martin limbs..i have a 2009 rytera alien x, had barnsdale limbs on it. in 2011 they acquired a sliver on the bottom limb, took it to my martin dealer and they got me different limbs a month later (martin powertough limbs). the day I brought it home I noticed peeling/flaking up of the limbs. so I called my dealer and they said they would get another set of limbs and that was the last time I heard from them..i continued to shoot the bow up until the end of archery season here in pa. took bow back to my dealer and showed them what was going on and they ordered me new limbs. a month goes by and I called them to see if they got the bow back together and they said the new limbs blew apart as they were talking it out of the press..so now I have to wait another month to get limbs and play a game of "CHICKEN" with the new limbs..whats going on with martin and their limbs?? if I knew it was going to be this bad I would have ordered new barnsdale limbs for it..anybody have any answers for me??

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like in proper bow pressing to me I have 4 martins only had one true limb failure but i shot 1000s of arrows before that happend
    2013 Martin Onza Xt
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter turned Silencer
    2006 Martin Cougar 4se
    Fred Bear Grizzly @ 45lbs and Shakespear wonderbow @ 50lbs
    Love bows and everything bout bow hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like

oh and that bow can be put together without a bow press as you can with most martins
    2013 Martin Onza Xt
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter turned Silencer
    2006 Martin Cougar 4se
    Fred Bear Grizzly @ 45lbs and Shakespear wonderbow @ 50lbs
    Love bows and everything bout bow hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm amazed your Barnsdales limbs splintered. On a side note get a hold of Martin yourself

Post Thanks / Like

As Jake said, think I would find a new shop or deal with Martin direct.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    As Jake said, think I would find a new shop or deal with Martin direct.
    I'd have to agree. Limbs just don't blow up with the stress of a bow press. In fact when properly pressed there is less stress applied than when shooting the bow. I know Martin has had more than average limb problems the last few years, but this seems pretty extreme to me, and under the circumstances I wouldn't take any chances and back the limbs off about 8 turns before pressing them.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the replys guys but this is the only martin/rytera dealer within a reasonable distance (35 miles). so I hope when they get the new limbs in, they take their time and do stuff right..i love the bow (the huge valley is a plus while holding on a deer or target). I also use it as my indoor spot bow at 40#, can hold all night, just don't have to.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 2009 Pantera with Power Tough Limbs (They Blew) "apart", not once but twice. WOW! on the Barnsdale limbs. I have 2X set on on my Fire Cat 400 amd my Prime. No issue after maybe 10,000 shots between them. I purchased the FC 400 limbs from Barnsdale ($150) and they will take care of any issues. I still have a new set of limbs from Martin from my FC 400 they sent but the Barnsdale are a Rock. Hope the New CS take care of you, If you got a $150, call Barnsdal and speak to Dave. Good Luck...
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2014 Mathews Creed
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on the Barnsdale limbs. I have many thousands of shots on my barnsdale equipped 2010 Alien X with no limb problems. Personally I would spend the $150 for the Barnsdale limbs.