Thread: BCY X Made by Bow String Depot

Post Thanks / Like

Default BCY X Made by Bow String Depot

I have just finished testing a set of BCY X string and trophy cables. I replaced a set of Mathew's stock string and cables on my 2012 Z7 Mag with a 28.5" draw, set @ 70lbs. Arrow that I'm using is a deer crossing 28", 300 spin and is 400g. The BCY X sting overall was really quite and had low vibration even after a thousand shots. No peep rotation. The best word to describe BCY X is smooth. I re-zeroed in about 10 shots and had all five pines sighted in from (30-70) completed in about twenty shots. The speeds through my chrono were, Low 289fps, Hi 290fps. I really like BCY X overall it and seems to be very accurate at longer distance up to 70 yards. Back wall was sold. The sting settled in just a few shots. Speed with the Mathews stock sting were 2fps slower but the serving just was poor quality and had a strand or two break after a few thousand shots. The only con on BCY X was I was expecting speed a few fps faster. This set was made by Bow String Depot (Hutch) and was just the best quality on serving, halo and overall craftsmanship. I've shot 452X, Trophy, 8190 and 8125 over the past year. BCY X by far seems to be the best and looks great. The sting I didn't care for was 8125, as it had just too much vibration and was extremely loud. If I had a second pick for hunting it would be Trophy or 452X, with 8190 being a 3D set-up. I really think that BCY X will be a great crossover set-up for my style that uses the same rigs for hunting and 3D shoots. I will say that Hutch's craftsmanship is seconded to none. Thanks Hutch & Bow String Depot...

Flagstaff, AZ
    IMG-20131213-00044-2.jpg
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review and a plug for our very own HUTCH. I see you mentioned that other "M" brand bow. Usually a no-no on here but we'll let it pass this time, LOL.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

3. Likes TEN RING, Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

CK B,,,!! Not ready for a new Martin Yet. Let see what the new group comes up with. I wish them the best but I not ready to spend on them. I can't count the Martin I'v hand on one hand over the past 6 or 7 years. Any Hoo BCY X is the ticket.... Merry Christmass All, I'll be hunting Dec Deer...
    Ranger 6
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

what color are the strings on that bow ?

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mountain Berry and Metallic bronze.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

My phone broke and had to use and old one on the photo. The colors went perfect with my Z7. I' going to have Hutch make one for my Prime Centroid coming up. Like I said I really like the set up with it. Hutch made it with Trophy cables and I really think that's part of the set up that makes it smooth. Sold all around set up. Again thank to Hutch craftsmanship.
    Last edited by Tosi; 12-20-2013 at 06:24 PM.
    Ranger 6
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

8. Thanks Hutch~n~Son Archery thanked for this post