Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member to forum and Martin Bows

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Member to forum and Martin Bows

Well I did it today, I purchased a Martin Blade X4. First bow ever! good bow for starters? I have read many reviews and having a hard time figuring out a thumbs up or thumbs down from everyone. Please let me know your opinions and must do's and dont's for this bow. Thanks

Kenny Hill
    MSgt US Air Force Reserves

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Kenny.

Although I have never shot a Blade X4, from what I know of Martin bows you have made a great choice, no choice would have been bad. Welcome to the GREAT sport of ARCHERY!!!!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Martin forum. Glad you've joined us on this site. We all like to help when we can, motto here is "the only dumb question is the one not asked". With out knowing what you want to achieve, can't really tell you any dos or don't, other than don't dryfire your new bow. Just in case, if you don't already know, "dryfiring" is drawing and releasing the bowstring without an arrow on the string . What type of archery are you interested in?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the forum
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Yep got another one'. Welcome
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the one and only Martin Tech Forum, we are definitely glad to have you. As to your bow choice, I think it will work fine for you. If you need any help adjusting it or anything else, just let us know. That's why we're here.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Kenny! Glad to have you and I think you'll really enjoy our little forum family here!
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for the welcome messages! I am brand new to archery, and at the same time I am teaching my daughter to shoot as well. I am looking to start target shooting as well as hunting... My girlfriend has been into archery and hunting for years, she competes as well. So it has peeked my interest, so time for me to learn. Luckily I have a friend that owns a bow shop here in town to take care of all my initial set up and adjustments. I am not looking at winning competitions and shooting that trophy buck, but I would like to have the set-up to do so, on a budget of course.

11. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post