Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damage to new compound

Post Thanks / Like

Default Damage to new compound

Hi guys,

For Christmas I received a limited edition Jaguar with Fury XT cam in Bonz camo. It was ordered new from a reputable seller on eBay. Upon opening the bow and removing it from its bag, I noticed rough spots approximately 1/8" wide bilaterally at the widest points of both limbs, with more pronounced damage on the left side of each limb. Shortly thereafter I also noticed that the cable slider was broken as well, and there was a small piece of plastic in a corner of the clear factory bag.

Does anyone have a guess as to what might cause this type of damage? At first I wondered if the limb damage was caused by some sort of improper placement in a bow press in the factory, but the more I look at it, combined with the broken piece of plastic, it seems as though something may have been set on top of the box. I don't know how to determine this.

The bow appears to be in seemingly "new" condition otherwise, but I am not willing to try it out until I feel a bit more certain about what potential impact there might be to the bow's functioning. I'll try to take some pictures to clarify what I was attempting to describe.

I contacted the seller regarding the issue and am waiting for a response. I'm wondering if I'll just be referred by them to Martin tech or if they'll let me exchange it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JarvisJackrabbit View Post
    Hi guys,

For Christmas I received a limited edition Jaguar with Fury XT cam in Bonz camo. It was ordered new from a reputable seller on eBay. Upon opening the bow and removing it from its bag, I noticed rough spots approximately 1/8" wide bilaterally at the widest points of both limbs, with more pronounced damage on the left side of each limb. Shortly thereafter I also noticed that the cable slider was broken as well, and there was a small piece of plastic in a corner of the clear factory bag.

Does anyone have a guess as to what might cause this type of damage? At first I wondered if the limb damage was caused by some sort of improper placement in a bow press in the factory, but the more I look at it, combined with the broken piece of plastic, it seems as though something may have been set on top of the box. I don't know how to determine this.

The bow appears to be in seemingly "new" condition otherwise, but I am not willing to try it out until I feel a bit more certain about what potential impact there might be to the bow's functioning. I'll try to take some pictures to clarify what I was attempting to describe.

I contacted the seller regarding the issue and am waiting for a response. I'm wondering if I'll just be referred by them to Martin tech or if they'll let me exchange it.
    Welcome to the forum. Did you order your bow from KM Archery Hut? They are part of Martin, so you should be well taken care of.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the warm welcome and informative response, A.S. I was unaware that KM Archery Hut is a part of Martin, but that does seem encouraging. I'm already learning new and interesting things on the forum. I have lurked around these boards a bit and it seems like a great group of helpful and well-informed individuals such as you.

Thanks again, I'll post additional updates as I find out more.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, does it look like it was damaged in shipping???
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Pictures would be great so we know exactly how to diagnose your issue

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard! certainly the place for learning!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a rather poor picture of the damage on the left side of the lower limb:

image.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the upper limb:

image.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Here is he right side of the upper limb:

image.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

The cable slide:

image.jpg