Default Starrflight FOBs

Anyone use these?
    http://www.starrflight.com/
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z

2. Likes Double S liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been using them 5-6 years now. They are the only vanes I use for hunting. What do you want to know about them?. I have tons of pics. They work with most dropaways. As long as your bow is tuned you will have no issues. My opinion is that they seem to work better in windier conditions. I love the sound when an arrow pass through a critter and the fob pops off.

4. Likes TEN RING liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used them and they work very good. I went back to vanes as I just could not get used to the FOB on the side of my face on release. Some like it on the face. I still have two dozen BO.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Was mainly wondering how they fly compared to vanes. Are they quieter, more or less accurate? Is it hard to find the arrow shaft after a pass through? How many times can you use a nock before it gets sloppy? The rests I use are Ripcords & QAD Ultra's.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z

Sonny Thomas

FOBs have been around awhile. No one has proved them any better than vanes. ASA has banned them for 3D events. Said is interference for incoming arrow. Complain if you want, but the rule is there and it's not changing...

Post Thanks / Like

My opinion is based on my use of them. Like Sonny mentioned. some Orgs don't allow Fobs per the interference rule.So you would have to keep that in mind if you want to shoot in certain tourneys. Most indoor shoots allow them and Fob shooters have taken the podium. Where I live and hunt in eastern Washington can get very windy. I noticed while shooting groups outside in the wind that my groups stay closer together compared to my blazers. Hunting in the wind here is just part of life. At full anchor the fob will lightly touch the side of my cheek, It used to bother me at first but now I use it as another anchor point. If I don't have that fob in the same spot then I know something is off. It lightly touches but I don't push the fob into my cheek. I recommend using arrow wraps on the bare shafts to help with shaft recovery. It all depends on the foliage in where your hunting. I've lost arrows with regular vanes it happens to all of us. We just try to limit loosing arrows. Some people said they make more noise than a blazer vane. I personally don't think so. If it did I wouldn't use it for hunting. I've videotaped myself and I don't see any MORE noise compared to my other fletchings. The noise I do hear comes off from the back of the fob toward the shooter. Not toward the critter. I have never had a critter jump my shot because of Fobs and I only hunt from the ground. I would be more concerned with string noise causing a deer to jump the STRING. i wouldn't be too worried about loose nocks unless you keep shooting through a cheap target causing pass through and the fob to pop off. I shoot one fob'ed arrow per target. It's tempting but try not to group shoot with fobs or you will break a few. One Spot, One Fob'ed arrow. I normally check my nocks anyways and have extra on hand and replace them as needed. mainly because of glance off from other arrows. IF I see a nock partially damaged or the mouth wider, I replace it for safety. You should have no issues with using the ripcord or QAD rest. Just my two cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post
    Was mainly wondering how they fly compared to vanes. Are they quieter, more or less accurate? Is it hard to find the arrow shaft after a pass through? How many times can you use a nock before it gets sloppy? The rests I use are Ripcords & QAD Ultra's.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Simon, was just curious how they flew. Might get a dozen & see what happens.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z

10. Likes Double S liked this post