Thread: 2010 Alien X string and cable lengths for rod and slide setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2010 Alien X string and cable lengths for rod and slide setup

I switched from the CCS system to a 3/8" rod and teflon slide. The rod I used has a 1/2" offset which allows me to set the vane to cable clearance to a minimum.
    The original string length is 54 5/8" and the cables are 36 1/8"-this info is on the limb label.
    I had a new string set made and had the cables made 1/2" shorter ( Martin's recommendation, I think) The reduced cable deflection has the effect of lengthening the cables, creating the need for shorter cables. However, the 1/2" shorter cables seem to be too short- my ATA is now 31 1/4".
    I was wondering what cable lengths are specified by Martin / Rytera for this setup? What string and cable lengths are posted on the limb label for 2010 Alien X's equipped with rod and slide?
    I just bought a second (actually third Alien X- I gave one to my son) Alien X and I'm in the process of converting it to the rod and slide setup, and I'm going to order a set of custom strings and cables, and I need to clarify the the lengths before I do.
    Thanks in advance for your input.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey frankensteel,
    The lengths you have are correct. 54 5/8 for string and 36 1/8 for the cables. Also most manufacturers allow 1/4 above or 1/4 below ATA.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a 2012 Alien X on accident, thought it was a Z. It is still here waiting on the exchange. It has the Acu-Trak cam and a rod & slide. The limb label has string length at 91 and cable 34 1/4. When I measured the ata it was 33".
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel