Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Onza 3 TRG replacement parts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Onza 3 TRG replacement parts

I am new to the forum, so Hello. I am also relatively new to bow hunting (on my 3rd season). I am shooting an Onza 3 with the TRG system. I need a replacement for the "rubber biscuit" that stops the string. Any ideas where I can find one? I have emailed Martin customer service several times but I have yet to get a response.

If I need to abandon the TRG (not my first choice), what other set ups are recommended?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! I'd suggest calling Martin at 509-529-2554. If you end up switching from the TRG, Martin has the cable rod/slide system which they have replaced at no cost in the past, but I don't know about now. Hope that helps.

A.S
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 01-05-2014 at 07:57 PM.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Welcome! I'd suggest calling Martin at 509-529-2554. If you end up switching from the TRG, Martin has the cable rod/slide system which they have replaced at no cost in the past, but I don't know about now. Hope that helps.

A.S
    X2 with AS.... Stay away from the TRG if you can. You also can buy a rod and look at the Sanders Super Glide slide. The Super slide will add a few fps and is rock sold. And a big welcome.....
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2014 Mathews Creed
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! The TRG/SOS system was a good idea that was very poorly implemented. I know that enough people had problems with it, Marting issues a passive recall; if you had damage or issues with the system they would replace it with a rod/guide system for free.

I myself had no problems for almost a year, until the rubber SOS broke on a hunting trip and I missed a doe by a mile. I was able to jerry-rig a fix and get through the last few days of the trip (and successfully harvest a doe), but I was done with the system after that failure. Martin sent me the replacement parts, I upgraded the slide to a Saunders on my own, and couldn't be happier.

Your best is to call them, I don't even know if they are still supporting the TRG/SOS as the last time I looked the parts were no longer in the web store...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the tips and insight. I will try to call Martin.

Post Thanks / Like

if martin can help let me know I have ten in my parts box

Post Thanks / Like

Martin dealers might still have some of the slide conversions in stock. I suggest asking a few in the area as this was a free deal from Martin Sportsmans Warehouse converted one of mine and gave me a backup for the tool box. Not many people were aware of the free conversion but it has to be done by a dealer.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

After playing phone tag, I finally spoke with the Martin guys. The offered to send replacement parts free of charge, namely a new cable guide and STS. I received the parts in about a week. The Cable guide replacement was a cinch. However, the STS they sent will not work. My Onza has a 3/8" hole for some type of lock nut. They sent a standard STS rod that is held in place with two screws. Not going to work any way you slice it. So, I called Martin Tech Support back, and yeah, been playing phone tag. I even called back immediately after they called me while I was on another call. Got someone instead of a voicemail, and she tried to reach the tech rep I spoke with, but he was on another call. She took a detailed message to relay, but I have not heard back. That was 2 weeks ago.

Can anyone tell me what STS I need for my bow (2010/11 Onza3 - first year of the TRG) and where I can get it? Martin Tech Support has not been very responsive.

So far I am NOT impressed with the customer service, despite the replacement parts they sent for free.

Super Moderator FishingandHuntingUSA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Usually they call back every message they get so that is surprising to hear, I have the older style that is the 3/8 rod but it should poke into the riser and there should be
    a set screw on the side to tighten it down. Let me know if that is what you have, if it threads in then I am not sure what you have.

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on when it was made, the Onzas had two different configurations for the STS. The 2011's built in late 2010 had a stabilizer attachment on the back side of the riser, but at an angle that made it a bit of a pain to get an STS to hit the string square. I ended up making an adapter to hold the STS on an angle. The later run Onzas had they machined groove in the side of the riser that held the STS rod in with 2 set screws. It used a guide rod that was smaller diameter on the end where it attached to the riser. I think it was a 3/8 rod turned down to 1/4 or 5/16ths on the end.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.