Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Onza 3 TRG replacement parts

Post Thanks / Like

if it has the quick detach with the barrel nut u could use a number of stops bow rattler, M dead end string stop,pse vibracheck
    2013 Martin Onza Xt
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter turned Silencer
    2006 Martin Cougar 4se
    Fred Bear Grizzly @ 45lbs and Shakespear wonderbow @ 50lbs
    Love bows and everything bout bow hunting!!!

Super Moderator FishingandHuntingUSA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I remember we had to send in the risers to get them to machine in the groove.
    The location you are talking about was for a stabilizer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Depending on when it was made, the Onzas had two different configurations for the STS. The 2011's built in late 2010 had a stabilizer attachment on the back side of the riser, but at an angle that made it a bit of a pain to get an STS to hit the string square. I ended up making an adapter to hold the STS on an angle. The later run Onzas had they machined groove in the side of the riser that held the STS rod in with 2 set screws. It used a guide rod that was smaller diameter on the end where it attached to the riser. I think it was a 3/8 rod turned down to 1/4 or 5/16ths on the end.
    I've made a couple STS, and if I remember correctly 5/16" is correct.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GB3YO View Post
    if it has the quick detach with the barrel nut u could use a number of stops bow rattler, M dead end string stop,pse vibracheck
    That's what it is. I was at a loss of words for "barrel nut".

Any recommendations from others who have had to go this route? in the mean time, I'll be checking out options for what you mentioned.

Thanks all.

Post Thanks / Like

I took a couple of pictures of the attach point with the barrel nut out. As you can see, the string sid opening is 15 degrees or so below perpendicular to the string.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by etchase; 03-20-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry for the duplicate inverted pictures....there's a first time for everything. this was mine for posting pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

After playing phone tag for a while, and after sending pictures of my bow to Martin (since they didn't believe me that the standard replacement wouldn't fit) I finally got an answer: "...I had 3 people looking for the adaptor for the STS for your Onza. We no longer have them available. We could not find the parts. The only other option you have is to find one that has a front mount. The original STS company made a front mount, and Fuse also made one. Sorry for the inconvenience."

So, I am aparently on my own to figure it out.

Post Thanks / Like

u could get a bow rattler stop it will work they have them on ebay for 30$. I have one it works great
    2013 Martin Onza Xt
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter turned Silencer
    2006 Martin Cougar 4se
    Fred Bear Grizzly @ 45lbs and Shakespear wonderbow @ 50lbs
    Love bows and everything bout bow hunting!!!