Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New web site with 2014 line up

Junior Member MyHuntProfile.com's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The modular riser on my bow has shown no strain. I am not sure doing modular risers gives any edge other than a more affordable bow and riser possibilities perhaps. I have to figure though that the way to be different is not to do whatever your competitor does. Anybodies modular riser fly apart on them? I have heard of people talking about a case or so in which they have failed but as someone mentioned it has to be quite a small percentage I only assume.

As for the new website it looks great! I think who ever the new web developer is nailed a great look for them and its leaps and bounds better already. The new image for this company has really taken hold for me. I would also like to comment on some of the obvious things people have already mentioned such as 2014 bows essentially being another past design with different limbs and cams. My opinion is that they walked into this in October only in a financial standpoint of securing the possibility to bring Martin back. I am pretty impressed with what they accomplished in such a small amount of time. As well the Martin risers (Design) are highly sought after in my experience. It's the cam development people have questioned and 2011 was a rough year for cam issues in this company as well accurate machining specs. I've not held or been able to spend any time with a 2014 Martin but the appearance works for me. If you take the same riser and put new cams and limbs on then you really have a different bow. While not an innovative approach it was smart for this years line. The draw cycle changes, performance changes, weight changes, and among other aspects.

I think most of us can appreciate whats in the positive for this year and look for Martin to WoW you in 2015. In fact I hold this new management responsible to deliver on something we've not seen yet from Martin in 2015. Otherwise, they are just keeping a company alive rather than progressing and restoring it.
    Last edited by MyHuntProfile.com; 01-13-2014 at 07:29 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    Share The Outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weldorj81 View Post
    So with the itch to get my hands on a lithium, my question is: does Martin still offer the buy back program?
    LOL I was wondering the same thing
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Which are solid riser and which are modular riser? That is important. Common sense says that solid is better.
    Bluesman
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure, so don't quote me on this, but it kinda looks like the solid risers this year are the Scepter, Nemesis, Alien, and Lithium... unless someone has other info on the subject.

On a side note, the modular risers are perfectly fine. They are milled and pinned together and the fail rate is miniscule. Just saying.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps