Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scepter v

Post Thanks / Like

Default scepter v

does the new scepter still have solid limbs? looks like the only on on the sight with solids.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that, along with some of the bows looking like they are modular risers. I gues we will find out soon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    I saw that, along with some of the bows looking like they are modular risers. I gues we will find out soon
    that's what I was thinking,I didn't hear anyone say all one piece risers through the whole line up.

Post Thanks / Like

Correct, the new CEO said they were going to one piece risers, and it says so in some of the descriptions. Hey guys, my memory is kinda foggy, but wasn't the Scepter a one piece riser already?
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Sonny Thomas

Yes, my 2012 Scepter was one piece riser.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    Correct, the new CEO said they were going to one piece risers, and it says so in some of the descriptions. Hey guys, my memory is kinda foggy, but wasn't the Scepter a one piece riser already?
    yes, I was thinking about the bridged risers. why no split limbs on the scepter ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdduffy View Post
    yes, I was thinking about the bridged risers. why no split limbs on the scepter ?
    My guess would be that they have a boatload of 2013 Schepter risers to get through before they machine new ones lol... j/k

Honestly, I don't know why they are the only solid limb bow in the lineup. I'm sure there's a reason though...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a relatively new Scepter V owner who has owned more bows than I care to admit. I don't know about you guys but I feel it would be hard to improve on the Scepters design. To me, it is one of the smoothest most forgiving bows I've ever shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I'm a relatively new Scepter V owner who has owned more bows than I care to admit. I don't know about you guys but I feel it would be hard to improve on the Scepters design. To me, it is one of the smoothest most forgiving bows I've ever shot.
    I have 2 scepter Vs with barnsdale limbs,I'd put them up against any bow out there!

Post Thanks / Like

The Sceptre 5 is/was the only bow that met or exceeded the specs...why mess with something that works? My S5 is a one piece riser with solid limbs the only thing wrong with it is the hybrid cam system...you cannot adjust cam lean without the yoke system.