Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets Talk Bow presses.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lets Talk Bow presses.

What are all you guys using? I have been using a bowmaster except on my Martins but i decided to move on to a more efficient set up due to me getting more into archery so i just bought an EZ green bow press. I either had to buy split limb adapters or a new bow press that could press split limb bows, i went with the logical choice and got the press. Any thoughts on this press? Any thoughts on any other bow presses out there?
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the most popular presses. Seems to be the right price and does the job well.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I am curious as to why you did not use the bow master on the Martins? I do.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

I could press the bow faster (unless I use a socket and wrench) backing the limb bolts out. And I always felt it was easier on the bow.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

I still just use my Bowmaster with the split limb adapters, or loosen the limb bolts. Works for all my bows. Got an old Apple bow press that's been sitting here unused for about 2 years now. lol The Apple won't press parallel limbs like on my Strothers, so it's just a dust collector now.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    I still just use my Bowmaster with the split limb adapters, or loosen the limb bolts. Works for all my bows. Got an old Apple bow press that's been sitting here unused for about 2 years now. lol The Apple won't press parallel limbs like on my Strothers, so it's just a dust collector now.
    I will still pack my bowmaster in the woods with me everytime i go out, but this ez press will definitely get its use. Maybe I will get a draw board in the future. I went ahead and ordered a bow vise this morning and almost pulled the trigger on a chrono but was having second thoughts about the amount of use it would get, Anybody buy a chrono for tuning and get a lot of use out of it? Is it worth the money?
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Bowmaster all the time, and I have the limb adapters for split/parallel limbs. I much prefer using it to backing the limbs out. As for the draw board, they're easy to make you should make one, they are awesome! I also bought a chrono a while back, and while it doesn't get used often, it does get used. I am the go-to guy for for all my archery friends, and they all want to check the chrono LOL.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

I still carry my Bowmaster with me in my archery pack because I would rather use it than back off the limb bolts if I have a problem.
    A few years ago I built my own inline press as it was obviously going to be easier to use than the BM, especially as I was getting buddies and clubmates bows to work on as well.
    Bench presses are rediculous money over here so building was the obvious choice for me (I had a contact with lazer cutting and welding facilities).
    I already had a chrono because of the rifle shooting I did, as a tuning aid it is very good as you can see the results of the tweaking you are doing.
    I advise not getting into the speed race thing with it though, you know, ''the chrono is not showing the speed I think the bow should be doing'' syndrome!
    A draw board IMO is also pretty much mandatory, especially as they are easy to make for little money.
    Cam sync, draw length etc can be checked so much easier with a DB.

Kev
    2009 AlienX
    2009 AlienX (not a misprint, I have two)
    2010 AlienX
    I have other bows as well

Post Thanks / Like

The Last Chance presses are very nice.
    Like Kev - I built my in-line press. It works great for what I do. I also have a Bowmaster portable, Ratchet-Loc, and a couple old homemade ones that are great but dont work on the newer style bows. (one of them I converted to just use on crossbows)
    If I had a shop and pressed bows every day I would get the Sure Loc X Press Pro.

Post Thanks / Like

If you guys got some pictures of draw boards or work areas post up. I have a few ideas that are simple but efficient for a draw board but i'm always into taking others ideas
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum