Thread: Martin Warthog Bow Questions!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Warthog Bow Questions!

I recently purchased a Martin Warthog Vintage Compound Bow and I am now looking to add a few things. I am fairly certain that it is a late 80's model, it has a guide rail on it.

I want to know what would be recommended for an in string sight peep?

Also what are the pros/cons for this bow? Would this be a good hunting bow or a target shooting bow?

Which would be the best arrow rest system for both cost and efficiency; fall away arrow rest, whisker biscuit or etc.?

Any other information for this bow would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time and have a good day.
    Last edited by cobrien187; 01-08-2014 at 01:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! The Warthog, while I have never owned one, was a very popular choice. Very nice pick up, congrats! As to the accessories, they are all kinda personal. There's some that put a lot of thought into it, others just slap whatever they have on hand. Personally I like Meta peeps, and you can't go wrong with a whisker biscuit. Drop-a-ways are always a good choice but there are so many out there its hard to find "the best one", and what may work on one bow may not work well on another so trial and error may come into play.

I guess the best question would be "what are you going to use the bow for?" That would really determine your best options for setup.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, if its an '80s model, isn't that what what used on the Dukes of Hazard?
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps