Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: looking for draw mods for 2004 jaguar with nitrous cams

  1. #1
    Senior Member naptime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default looking for draw mods for 2004 jaguar with nitrous cams

    I just bought a 2004 jaguar with dual nitrous cams. I bought it because when I looked it up, the catalog said it was adjustable from 24-32"

    it's currently at 32" i need it to be set at 27"

    this is my first bow. i know very little. I bought it. took it to the local shop to be adjusted. but they said i need cams.

    it's WAY to long for me when i do a full draw, the peep sight is past the back of my head.


    anyway, the shop told me i needed to get my hands on some mods to be able to adjust it. and could POSSIBLY need to also have to replace the string.


    anyone have any ideas?

    i've left a message with tech support via phone, but it's been a few hours, and still no return call :-(

  2. #2
    Senior Member wscywabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sultan, WA
    Posts
    1,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Welcome to the forum! Great bow to pick up! I'm sure that you'll be able to find modules pretty easily, have you tried checking out Martin's web store? Today is the last day of the ATA show, so you may not hear from them today... but I'm sure they'll get in touch as soon as they can.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.


    2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

  3. Thanks naptime thanked for this post
  4. #3
    Senior Member naptime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Great bow to pick up! I'm sure that you'll be able to find modules pretty easily, have you tried checking out Martin's web store? Today is the last day of the ATA show, so you may not hear from them today... but I'm sure they'll get in touch as soon as they can.

    woooo super excited.. first, thanks for the warm welcome.

    so, i still never heard from anyone at Martin, but thanks for the explanation on the possible reason. I may be 42, but I'm like a kid at christmas when i get a new toy. i want to play with it NOW.

    so I did some checking on the martin webstore, nothing.

    however, here in the tech forums there was a link to charts for older models.

    until now, the only thing i knew for sure, was that it was an 04, because of the serial number.
    I had been able to find an 04 catalog, that confirmed it. But the catalog said it could be adjusted from 24 to 32. so, I bought it.
    of course, I didn't know about cams and modules, until taking it in to get adjusted today.

    anyway, that chart, says that for nitrous cams;
    A - 24.5 - 27.5
    B - 26.5 - 29.5
    C - 29.5 - 32.5

    houston, we have a winner...

    I currently have C cams and HL mods. so it would appear that I need b cams for my most flexible adjustment. fingertip to fingertip i get 68.5" so using the divide by 2 method, i get 27.4" and another method comes out to 26.75.

    though, at the shop today they told me i should also figure a half inch for the release if i'm not finger shooting.

    so, if i can find them, and depending on the price, i may just get a set of A and B to cover my bases.


    anyone have any idea if the string will need to be changed adjusting down from 29.5 to 26/27

  5. #4
    Senior Member naptime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    oh nice...

    so since i can't play with this much yet. I start pulling everything out of the case and inspecting all the arrows, points, broadheads, vanes, etc.. i pull the bow out and start looking all over it. the level drops out of the sight and falls in the seam between eggcrate stuffing and the case, and slides under eggcrate.

    i lift eggcrate to look for level.. and what is staring me in the face.....

    the original owners manual with instructions on adjusting the draw, and info on the cams :-)

    along with the original sales receipt and shop it was purchased from.

    now.. crossing my fingers that nitrous cams are still available!

  6. #5
    Senior Member wscywabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sultan, WA
    Posts
    1,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naptime View Post
    oh nice...

    so since i can't play with this much yet. I start pulling everything out of the case and inspecting all the arrows, points, broadheads, vanes, etc.. i pull the bow out and start looking all over it. the level drops out of the sight and falls in the seam between eggcrate stuffing and the case, and slides under eggcrate.

    i lift eggcrate to look for level.. and what is staring me in the face.....

    the original owners manual with instructions on adjusting the draw, and info on the cams :-)

    along with the original sales receipt and shop it was purchased from.

    now.. crossing my fingers that nitrous cams are still available!
    haha that's awesome!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.


    2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

  7. #6
    String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gilmanton, New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Welcome aboard naptime!!!



    Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

  8. Thanks naptime thanked for this post
  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    513
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Finding different nitrous cams may be hard, but it's possible...the nitrous cams are like gold to us Martin shooters

  10. Likes naptime liked this post
  11. #8
    Senior Member naptime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    Finding different nitrous cams may be hard, but it's possible...the nitrous cams are like gold to us Martin shooters

    I see that.. and after going through the classifieds here and archery talk, it looks like they're going for around 100 a set too !!!

    well, I honestly don't know if I would be willing to spend that. I would just sell the bow and pick up a different one. Had an offer for a bowtech for 150 also..

    but.. looks like all's well that ends well....

    another member here had a classified looking for C cams. and he has B cams.. worked out great for both of us. even trade.

    can't wait!

  12. Likes NuttyNative liked this post
  13. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    513
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naptime View Post
    I see that.. and after going through the classifieds here and archery talk, it looks like they're going for around 100 a set too !!!

    well, I honestly don't know if I would be willing to spend that. I would just sell the bow and pick up a different one. Had an offer for a bowtech for 150 also..

    but.. looks like all's well that ends well....

    another member here had a classified looking for C cams. and he has B cams.. worked out great for both of us. even trade.

    can't wait!
    The "B" cams are the most sought after...if you ever decide to sell your bow In the future, I bet the cams will be worth more than the entire bow...

  14. #10
    Senior Member elkslayer4x5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lane County, Oregon
    Posts
    2,838
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Darn the luck, Elkslayer is looking for a set of C Nitrous, and has B's for trade, Day late reading this post. I read in Dirtdarts' thread that you may still need to shorten the draw, I do have two set of mini mods....
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 01-09-2014 at 11:45 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

  15. Thanks naptime thanked for this post
    Likes naptime liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •