Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 Martin 'Rytera' Nemesis question

Super Moderator FishingandHuntingUSA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes the new Martin owners will warranty it and KM is owned by Martin and generally is used to sell off the old models and refurbs.
    But if the title said new then it is covered under the warranty.

2. Thanks webbnate_45 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, warranty isn't something to be concerned about. They'll cover the bow. New owners have publically stated that they'll honor warranty service on all past bows. With luck you'll never have to use it. I do agree with you though. Although the bow is new they could be more transparent that 2012 limbs are used. Mine have always come with Barnesdale limbs and they may be marked differently, but you could look under the butt end and see if the year of manufacture is written on them.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

4. Thanks webbnate_45 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I also read another thread about these "limited editions" that differ slightly from the standard models.

I guess that the Hybrix 3 cam has the same profile as the older Hybrix (despite its slightly different appearance) meaning that the bow is functionally similar to the 2012 model that I own. It is a very good bow! I specifically wanted to get one before this model would be discontinued. 2012 was the last year for production of the standard model.

By the way, do the limbs say "Rytera" or "Martin"? Since it is a "Frankenbow" could be Martin limbs (no functional difference to Rytera labeled ones).

One remark, though: you may have to sand/buff the sharp module edges to avoid cable wear. I hope this has been fixed for 2014 lineup (I doubt it).
    Last edited by Phantonza; 01-12-2014 at 04:36 PM.

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

6. Likes webbnate_45 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Phantonza- the limbs are marked Martin.
    bfisher- the upper limp is marked 3MP 12713 and the lower is 3MP 121113. Is there any way to know if they are Barnesdale limbs or not? From what I have read on here they are preferable to others they used.

Post Thanks / Like

The 3mp means they are Martin Power Tough limbs. I have bows with both Barnsdale and PT limbs. I won't say that the PT limbs are as good as Barnsdales, but I can say I've had NO problems with them at all. Most all of Martins limb problems ended when they brought out the PT limbs.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

As EHunter says, the limb deflection being 3MP designates that your limbs are from Martin stock. 3MP is the deflection code they use. Barnesdale limbs use a 3 digit code such as 155, 175, and so forth. Back in '09 Martin was having more than it's share of limb problems so they had to redesign their limbs. It was during this time that they started using Barnesdale limbs on some bows, most notably those in the Rytera line. By 2010 they came up with a better limb and discontinued buying limbs from Barnesdale, however because they still had some in stock they built bows in 2010 and even a few in 2011 with Barnedale limbs to use up that stock, here again, mostly in the Rytera line. I believe they now use Power Tuff limbs exclusively.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the input guys, it is good to know now what exactly it is that I got. I am taking it to the pro shop here on Thursday to get it set up and tuned and should be shooting arrows by this weekend! Can't wait to shoot it and see how she feels but I have all the faith in the world I'll love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely! Love that riser design, it was one of my favorite Rytera risers. Let us know what you think after you get it set up, I'm pretty sure you'll be addicted... And welcome to the forum!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps