Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New prices?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    I wanted the Bengal last year...this year I think the Eclypse is calling my name.
    Me too, I think this would be a worthy replacement for my Cougar II. But I feel like I am leaving her. I hate that, I don't know if I can do it. I love that bow. I love that bow like BB King loves Lucille.

Bluesman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CLT Bluesman View Post
    Me too, I think this would be a worthy replacement for my Cougar II. But I feel like I am leaving her. I hate that, I don't know if I can do it. I love that bow. I love that bow like BB King loves Lucille.

Bluesman.
    You've had your Cougar II almost as long as BB and Lucille have been together as well. LOL
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure about 20 minutes into shooting the Eclypse you will forget all about the Cougar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CLT Bluesman View Post

Bluesman.
    Keep the Cougar as a back up, I split time with my two bows during the season and practice with both on the off season. I shot a doe with the Threshold and a buck with the Nemesis this year, while they are different if you practice with both they will work out fine for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Out of the whole line-up the Lithum is the one that I would be the most interasted in, it may be a real shooter for $699. With some after market add on's may be a really nice bow and fast.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    You've had your Cougar II almost as long as BB and Lucille have been together as well. LOL
    Last night, I actually found my receipt for the Cougar II. I bought it in July of 1981, and I paid $149.00. I also found the copy of the review from Archery World. It was tested with the 30 percent let-off option. Norb Mullaney reviewed it in 1979. I used to like his reviews. They were so thorough. The Brace height is 9-1/16". Axel to axel 47-3/16" At 60 lbs with a 500 grain arrow the speed was listed as 196.8 with 80% efficiency. The report was actually much more technical than the ones we see today. He also did the charts and graphs by hand. He also raved about the lubricant Tri-Flon. I used to have this. I wonder if it is still around. the limbs are four thin maple laminations. With Bubinga fadeout blocks whatever they are. This year my bow will be 33 years old. This bow was the absolute state of the art back in the day!

7. Likes NuttyNative liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess the ran out of cool kitty names to use?
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Ran a search for "Other names for a Cougar". Aparently there are 40 names, mostly a variation of lion. but a few differnt. As far as I know, Martin has'nt used Puma, Catamount, Painter, Caracajou, Klandagi, or Quinquajou. Way back in the 60's, Ben Pearson did make a Puma. I know has nothing to do with the new prices, but was entertaining.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are beginning to bring back a lot of memories. Not that I shot Martin bows back then, but I got see most bows in action. I remember my 1977 Jennings Arrowstar. THE top notch target bow back then. Paid a whopping $270 for it. $210 for a PSE Presidential Citation Elite in 1980. Never even tuned it and sold it 25 years later for $40.

My Arrowstar was a barn burner for the day. My setup for field archery was 51#, holding 27# and 27" draw. My arrows were X7 Blue in 1614, pumping out at 232 fps. I used to average 535 on a field/hunter round. Not great by today's standards, but good enough to be top dog around these parts for a couple years. Very rarely did a place lower than 3rd and this was when there were no classes in Unlimited. When you picked up a release it was "Welcome to the big time." Man, those were the days.

Uh oh, sorry for the rant fellows.

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thanks for the run down es4x5. Maybe we should let the big wigs know.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)