Thread: Check out the Quiet Kat Off road portable hunting vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Check out the Quiet Kat Off road portable hunting vehicle.

I just saw this and wanted to share. It caught my eye as it would be nice for me being that I have disabilities. I can't hike too far. This would get me further out.

http://vimeo.com/67328992

Last edited by Double S; 01-07-2014 at 05:51 PM.

2. Likes Rangerj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice. I think that might work well.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

4. Likes Double S liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting. I assume it uses battery power, most likely marine batteries. Quiet, no exhaust fumes. Only thing not shown is how the guy gets it out of the truck. Those batteries aren't the lightest in the world, but then neither is carrying a treestand a long way. It might be more stable as a four wheeler.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

6. Likes Double S liked this post
    Sonny Thomas

Electric carts are becoming the in thing all around. Tim Austin of Vortex Optics is impaired, but don't stand in his way once he decides to go to parts he wishes. His one man seater electric cart is set up to carrier his bows and stuff and can drag in a deer, it has that much power. The Hover Rounds you see in department and grocery stores about the same thing except Tim's knobby tires, mag wheels and able to leap tall buildings. Yeah, I saw him launch his cart right off the ground and clear the sidewalk.
    You got the money, they have bigger wheeler electric carts and bigger knobby tires for one person and they full size two seat ATVs, all electric.
    The single seat jobbies have enough power to travel right at 20 miles. I know. There's a impaired person in Banner, Illinois, where the archery shop is. Banner to Canton is 18 miles and he makes around trip ever so often.

Most impress I've saw is a track driven model. Lil sucker goes everywhere.

And then the price of these move ya around carts can be down right expensive.

And those that have to remain in the cart, no problem. On the market are giant round hay bales, only hollow. Drive right in, open window and you're cookin'. Friend of mine has one for his father and mother, both headin for their 80s. Both still use bows! And all are still trying to beat Mom who's got the biggest deer. Wilma dropped a monster about 5 years ago, but with a shotgun.
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 01-08-2014 at 07:27 PM.

8. Likes Double S liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Electric golf carts make great conversions, jack 'em a bit for more ground clearance, add a set of knobbys, a bow rack, and you're all set.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

10. Likes Double S liked this post
    Sonny Thomas

Default Check out the Quiet Kat Off road portable hunting vehicle.

Found Tim and the hay bale. Tim was dealer/customer support at Vortex at the time. I would guess that he still is. Tim also helps others who are impaired.

Another bale was set up for a novelty shot. Inside, 45 yards. Me, long, tall Shadowcat with 30" stab and I made the shot out of the window. If I can do then someone with one them short things should too.

I messed up here. I rode with one the Vortex staff shooters and he got lucky with a winning ticket for one of these bales. I could have bought the bale from him for $100. Kind of ashamed to offer him such at the time, he donated it to the club hosting the Vortex Open. It wasn't until on the way home that I told and he said he would have sold it to me.
    GROAN!!!!!
    Heavy wire construction, the covering could be replaced cheap.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 01-09-2014 at 12:18 PM.

12. Likes Double S liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies gents. I posted this on another site and a good question was brought up about my original post. How would a person bring their kill out with the Vehicle I mentioned above. I double checked the website and they don't mention any accessories for hauling game out. I thought about adding a light weight cart to the abck but they're ain't no hitch attachment.

p.s,
    Sonny...Did you ever get your issue resolved with posting?

Post Thanks / Like

Simon, I'd think you'd be limited to roads and rolling hills like the video. I'm guessing that rocky and brushy terrain would be a problem and drastically reduce run time. You could weld a small plate on the rear rail and install a small ball for a motorcycle swivel hitch and pull a small cart or even one of those game carts. I use a motorcycle to scout and pack game out depending on location, just have to get creative at times. The always used quad would get you a lot further than that quiet Kat will unless your just hunting fields.

Or maybe just this.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

15. Likes Double S liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I'm not sure I would get one yet. The area I mainly hunt is "No Motorized Vehicles allowed". So I need to double check the regs to makes sure what they define motorized. It's a quail and Peasant Habitat protected area. I have my eye on a used Kawasaki quad for 3 grand. I had a Honda quad back in the mid 90's.