Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: string diagram for nitrous cams

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naptime View Post
    I'm gonna hold onto hope and see what limbs will run me. I really like this bow, and now that I've got BLOOD, sweat, and TEARS into it, I really feel like it's meant to be mine. lol.

that, or it's destined to forever be a love hate relationship
    Just hang in there buddy we will help you out best we can from here
    FYI 4x5 is my father. as he said , limb swap with dirtdart , have him strech a tape on his limbs see if they match up using his limbs you should come out at the same weight , may differ a bit due to riser length

Added note If it comes down to not working out you can get your money out of it as the cams an the HHA are worth what you paid for the package.... but I know its going to work out for youn Martin's are great as the limbs are interchangeable with in the same years.
    Last edited by ElkSlayer; 01-17-2014 at 01:55 PM.
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

2. Thanks naptime thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you'll be fine if you either swap limbs or find the limbs you need elsewhere. On side note, part of the problems you ran into is that not only did the cams give you 20# more draw weight, but having a considerably longer shoot string also upped the weight by retarding the cams. It changes where you start in the draw curve... I'm not surprised you couldn't pull it back! Even if the string were to hold you'd have to be He-Man LOL!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

4. Thanks naptime thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course you have figured out that you have 16" straight limbs. Of all Martin limbs, they are the hardest to come by. 16" won't swap with 14" unless you get all new strings and cables and your draw length will be shorter with the 14" limbs, of course. I have a set of 4(M or H) can't remember 16" and I could figure out the string lengths for you. 16" are unique that they have the same draw length ranges as the 17" elite limbs, but with a shorter axle to axle. Probably better for hunting than the elites. Of course also the Martin pro's told you if you swap "A" cams for "C" the guy with "C" cams ending on his bow his bow draws 20 lbs less and the guy who's bow ends up with the "A" cams goes up 20 lbs on draw weight. Like the man said, same cables just different shooting string lengths. But we Martin fans are here to help. Just give us time to reply.
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

6. Thanks naptime thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just jumping in on this one....were you able to locate a set of 16" limbs for your Jaguar?

8. Thanks naptime thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

haven't heard back from him yet.

so, No, I haven't found any yet. Jake at Martin told me 4's 5's or 6's in the 16" 2004 limb.

I've since picked up a bowtech pro40 wheely that i'm doing quite well with, so it calmed my need to rush the jaguar.

it's also confirmed that my draw length is 27" and my draw weight on this bow is 62 pounds.

so staying in that range will work. even a little lighter dw wouldn't be a bad thing.

but, as of now, the jaguar is still dead in the water.

strings have been ordered, but put on hold until i get limbs and know exactly what i need.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a set of 4h Camo 16" limbs.........great shape.....and I think they even say Jaguar on them.....
    Last edited by mxtuner1; 01-24-2014 at 07:31 PM. Reason: blab
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Jay, Just had to check. I sent pics to your phone. Mine are 2H and are @15.33"...about
    2010 Martin Firecat W/CATII's,TG5301 Sight, Martin Biscuit, Lynx 4 Quiver, Easton A/C/C's, Muzzy 100's

2009 Martin Warthog, Tru-Glo5301 Sights, Martin Biscuit, Lynx 4 Quiver, Easton A/C/C's, Muzzy 100's

2004 Martin Cougar Magnum W/Nitrous C-Cams, Tru-Glo5301 Sights, Martin Biscuit, Lynx 4 Quiver, Easton A/C/C's, Muzzy 100's

2004 Martin Razor W/Nitrous C's,TG5301 Sight, Martin Biscuit, Lynx 4 Quiver, Easton A/C/C's, Muzzy 100's

Post Thanks / Like

Based on the charts, the 2H will give you about 48# with the C cams, with 8m limbs on the C cams, you should have peaked at 75#.

With the A cams, 2H will be 63# and 8M limbs, peak will be around 90#-95#, yikes.

4H limbs should give you about 73# peak on the bow with the A cams...that is if the charts are correct. I'm looking at the 2005 charts on the m-62 line for Nitrous cams, the 2005 catalog does not show the Nitrous cam as an option for the Jaguar though.

If I'm off base here, someone let me know.
    Last edited by OnzaXX; 01-24-2014 at 09:46 PM.

13. Thanks naptime thanked for this post
    Likes naptime liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

well, this project may finally be coming to the end!

got dirt darts limbs in yesterday. they are identical to my limbs in every way, except they are 2h instead of 8m.

installed them, got the cables connected, and while i wait on my strings, i went ahead and made a mockup string from paracord, just so i could see how the cams sit, and get some measurements.

everything looks great. cams are pointing where they should.

brace height is 7.5"
    axle to axle is 36.25"

looking good so far.

since i don't have a real string installed, I didn't want to do a full draw for fear of the cord breaking or derailing, and causing a dry fire. so i only did a partial draw, maybe halfway.. and it drew. It "felt" extremely close to the weight of my bowtech, which is currently 62#. so i think we're golden !!

I'll know for sure when the strings come in and I get it on the draw board.

but everything seems to be looking up!

and I just have to throw some huge props out there for dirt dart.
    2004 Martin Jaguazor 60# 27" Twisted Archer strings. Trophy Ridge Revolution rest. Trophy Ridge Pursuit sight.
    2004 Bowtech Pro40 Wheely. 60# 27" VaporTrail strings. Trophy Taker fall away rest. HHA Optimizer lite sight.
    http://www.ToledoTees.com

Post Thanks / Like

This is all good to hear...

Out of my own curiosity, I have never heard of or seen a limb deflection number higher than 5...so if 8m gives you around 90# draw, with A cams, you could build a bow for "dangerous game" right?

I kind of wish Martin offered 80# as a limb choice