Thread: New Nemesis Setup Questions

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Nemesis Setup Questions

I bought a new 55-70# 2013 Nemesis with Hybrix 3.0 cams and 3mp limbs on it.

I am looking to change the draw weight, and length. I know 1 full turn is a 3lb adjustment for weight, but is it 3lbs/limb equalling 6lbs of overall adjustment after both limbs have been adjusted 1 full turn or is it 3lbs overall after both limbs are adjusted 1 full turn. I could be over thinking this, but I would like to know for sure.

As far as the draw length goes, do I need to loosen the limbs until they are almost off, I know my dl is 28" so that would put me into the 3-hole on the cam module. Once the dl is adjusted, how do I know where the draw stop needs to be?

I have a trophy ridge revolution rest mocked up on the bow, and I see I have no servings on the string, so any ideas on how to attach it would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, my experience is that each complete turn of the limbs yields about 2# (both limbs), but yours might differ. Apparently you have a scale to confirm this.

You do not need to back the limbs off to adjust the module so you're OK in that respect. Once you set the mod to the #3 position you should check the actual draw length on a draw board if you have or have access to one. Draw board comes in handy in setting the draw stop peg, too. You crank 'er down till the cables are sitting completely in the flat spot in the module. Then just slide the draw stop so it's hitting the limb. There's a soft plastic cap that fits on the draw stop peg. I set me draw stop with the cap off. Then put it back on after tightening the peg in place. This leaves the bow just a tad shorter, but then you can play with it after that to adjust for what kind of valley you like. Take note that 1/8" of adjustment can make a big difference in how the bow feels. Trial and error here.

Just be sure you don't set the draw stop too long. If it's much too long you could draw the bow past the flat spot on the module and actually lock the bow up at full draw.

You don't necessarily have to use a draw board for all this, but it helps. Much better than drawing and holding by hand and guessing. And just because the draw length you want is to be in the #3 hole don't assume it to be so. I am going to guess that it will draw about 1/2" to 3/4" long. Don't fret over it. If you have to shorten it by moving to the #2 position then just do it and be happy. And move the draw stop accordingly.

Hope this helps and if you need more help don't be afraid to ask. That's what we're here for.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I do not have a scale, I was just going by the numbers in the Martin Owners Manual for reference. I did get the draw length changed, now onto moving the draw stop, but in very small increments as you stated. I have read that the actual draw lengths vary, and going to the #2 position is a possibility. Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcspectre View Post
    I do not have a scale, I was just going by the numbers in the Martin Owners Manual for reference. I did get the draw length changed, now onto moving the draw stop, but in very small increments as you stated. I have read that the actual draw lengths vary, and going to the #2 position is a possibility. Thanks for the help.
    That's why I always recommend a bow that is adjustable with modules. If you get one where the cam is draw length specific and it wrong you're stuck with changing the whole cam and possibly the string and cable too.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I got everything adjusted to where I thought it needed to be, took it into the archery shop that actually deals with martin bows and had them check it. Turns out I did alright, no other changes were needed. Now all I need to do is sight it in. I did end up leaving it at #3, and only adjusted the draw stop between 1/16" and 1/8".

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you. Sounds like you're on your way to being a bow technician. Seriously, that's how I learned almost everything I know. Tear 'em down, throw into a pile on the living room floor, and start putting it back together again.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

7. Likes marcspectre liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Marc I just bought the same bow that you did, I'm guessing yours is also from KM archery hut. It is a frakenbow of sorts but I just got mine set up this week and the last two days got to shoot it a bit and I absolutely love it. Extremely smooth, no vibration at all, and seems to be really fast. I hope you love yours as much as I love mine!
    Genesis 21:20 - And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.

Post Thanks / Like

I did buy it from KM Archery Hut. I have been shooting the heck out of it the last few days and I really like it. I don't get any felt vibration from the bow at all, I do hear the string stop rod/pipe making noise, and have been kicking around an idea of filling the pipe with sand to absorb vibration and eliminate the noise there. It may just need to be adjusted, but I may experiment with the sand anyway.