Thread: yay.. finally flung some arrows !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default yay.. finally flung some arrows !!!

well, i did NOT give up on my martin jaguar.

but with everything that's going on with it, and still looking at at least a week or two before i can shoot it, i had to get out there and shoot. somehow..

so, I bought ANOTHER bow yesterday!!

it's not a martin, so I dare not say what I got. but it's in great shape, and had all the correct settings for me. 60lb and 27" draw.

it had a trophy taker drop away rest, so i kept that on there. But it had a 4 pin sight that was too cluttered for me, and I only have 20 yards to shoot anyway, so i pulled that off and swapped with the single pin HHA optimizer that's on my martin.

I went into the shop today and had them dial in my length, kisser, and peep sight.

they then spent about an hour with me dialing in the sight, correcting my form and what not.

shot about 20 arrows to get setup at 10 and 20 yards (that's all they have at the indoor. too much snow outside for the longer range)

my last five arrows of the day.... I can live with this for day one. :-)

I was wavering a little because my arm was tired lol

so now, I can take my time getting the martin all worked out, without rushing it, and without being frustrated.

in the meantime, I really like this new bow. EXCEPT.. the jag had that awesome warm, soft, rubber or leather grip.. and this new bow has a cold, hard, aluminum grip.

target.jpg

2. Likes TEN RING liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not bad shooting for a rookie. Later on, you'll learn that you don't really need a 10 yard pin. Until then, enjoy your shooting. By the way, you can mention the name of your other bow so long as it doesn't begin with an "M".
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

4. Thanks naptime thanked for this post
    Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooohhh that hurts B. I will say that the bow shoots you. My Fire Cat, know my sons still is on of the best bow that I've every shot with barnsdale limbs. I will say that my go to bow right at this time is the other M. The lithium my be my next adventure, But will most likely wait for the 2015 fleet to see what cams Martin breaks out with, hope its a mid season break out. Still love ya B.

Oh the most important thing is a big welcome. The folks on here are just the best and will try to help on any issue. Oh ya go Broncos.
    Last edited by Tosi; 01-18-2014 at 09:20 PM.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

6. Thanks naptime thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

well, it's not the other M :-D

I got my hands on a 2004 Bowtech Pro40 Wheely in pristine condition.

New strings less than 4 months ago. and I really like the drop away rest once I got used to it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Barry was thinking of the Martin and Rytera forums Happily or luckily I've never found a Hawthews I liked.

Friend has a Pro 40 Mowtech Can't remember the cams, but I think they were different than other models. Mowtech didn't come out with the Smoothie cam until 2006. My '05 Old Glory drew like it was 70+ pounds instead of the 60.9 on the Birth Certificate. Bought it right before the Indoor State Championship and sold it right after, disliked it that much.

You get the paper work with the Pro 40? Mowtech will make the bow right if it doesn't meet specs, usually draw weight.
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, I wouldn't knock it too bad no matter what brand it is... At least you're shooting
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

10. Likes webbnate_45, Arrow Splitter liked this post