Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Center punched

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Center punched

Well I have been shooting my Darton Fury 48#'s @28 . I draw it 31+ stacks up to 55#.
    We like to hang a bottle cap in frount of the target , gives us a smaller aim point to do our instinctive shooting. last spring I was grouping well, was increasing my yardage here is some I shot at a paper plate.

DSCN0800.JPG

Being it is cold and wet out most shooting is indoors @ caps. well I was shooting last night and did not hang a cap. I would just aim at my 1st arrow, if it hit its mark in the bull.. well I was stacking um tight and then IT happend.. a robin hood with my recurve. It center punched the nock exploded the back 5" on my arrow and wraped carbon around the other shaft..sad thing is it bounced out ... here is a pic of the results

Robin Hood.JPG
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

2. Likes Arrow Splitter, TEN RING liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great shootin' ES.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Impressive, especially for a trad bow shot. What distance were you shooting when the Robin Hood occurred?
    08/12 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67,5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

lol that's awesome, great shooting!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

When it rain's.... you shoot in side...lol
    went out to shoot after dinner, hung a blue water bottle cap.. took a few shots at it and... I did it Again only this time it stuck. Im out 3 arrows in 2 days snaped a few pictures and hung it up on some antlers. 4x5 and I were just talking about this the other day ..Now two days in a row..wife says I need to stop doing it, dont know about that, lol but now I need some new arrows
    heck even the cock feather lines up

Robin Hood 2.JPG
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

He's been stackin 'em in there like that ever since the grandson discovered that he prefers traditional bows. Got the new 35# limbs yesterday, small glitch in assembly, top limb had a slight burr on the end and would'nt fit, sanded it down, and now fits fine. Grandson's first group of six was about 5", all good for elevation, had a bit of windage spread, not bad for his first 6 shots with the Diablo, and mis-spined arrows.
    Rocky.. we shoot from 5 yards in the garage. we do this practice to ensure a better release, and it lets the grandson join us, if we where shooting 30 yds, he'd feel a bit less encouraged.
    I can still stack 'em pretty tight as well, bottom pic is 3 wallyworld carbons, 2 of 'em in the cap, my own self preservatioin made me pull the third one out of the cap, tough to destroy even wally's arrows, refuse to shoot my woodies that tight.

Ryan first group 35 lbs.JPG
    my group.JPG
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 01-22-2014 at 12:43 PM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

todays plan is to shoot just 1 arrow at the cap. 3rd shot this am was in the cap...
    savin the rest of my arrows for huning season...lol
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    todays plan is to shoot just 1 arrow at the cap. 3rd shot this am was in the cap...
    savin the rest of my arrows for huning season...lol
    Saving them for WHAT? When does hunting season start? What arrows are they? You do know that whatever company it is, they make them every day. LOL. Hey, that's pretty good shooting
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

depends... what season.... cougar is open now, turkeys open in april , bear in aug 1st and deer and elk last weekend in Aug....
    noway I make it till then if i keep this up...lol I know arrows are made everyday, but not by me.. I have other things to get 1st. need some one to buy a bow case or 3...lol

BTW they are 32" vapors 400's ..I realy like um
    Last edited by ElkSlayer; 01-22-2014 at 03:19 PM.
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

Man, that's some stiff arrows you're shooting there. I remember having some Vapors years back. Pretty good arrows for the money. Bought by Gold Tip and then phased out. This was some time before Carbon Express came along with their everything being $100+ arrows. Less competition (choices) and prices go up.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver