Thread: Difference between Mystic and Mystic Elite

aramkiss

Default Difference between Mystic and Mystic Elite

I was down at my local archery shop checking on my order on a new Bengal 2008. The dealer just got in and configured a Martin Mystic bow for another customer. He let me check it out ... the bow is fantastic. I am now debating if I should paid the extra $200 and upgrade to a Mystic.

Now my question. What is the difference between Mystic and Mystic Elite? I see STS and limb dampeners is included. Since I am doing target, is it worth paying the extra $50 for elite version? Also what is this X system compatible? Is this a add on kit or what?

Thanks in advance

Andre
    Last edited by aramkiss; 02-23-2008 at 07:05 AM.

flytier17

I would definetly get the elite version. X system eliminates any chance of limb twist and cam lean. The dual cams will give perfect nock travel, and superior tunability, and therefore accuracy. The bow is more forgiving, and accurate.

You cam order the bow with Furious or Furious X cams to start with, or you can change to X later.

The STS i not reccommended. The string is prematurely stopped below the nock point, but the string still travels forward above it. This could cause a little bit of taildown kick. Good for hunting, not target.

flytier17

And yes, I would order the Mystic vs. the bengal. Definetly worth the money.

Post Thanks / Like

Stands the elite not for the elite limbs? I would choose the Mystic elite then.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

aramkiss

Thanks for the response ... guess I will be calling to change my order

Post Thanks / Like

Frankly, in your other post you asked about some ideas of good target equipment and then said you were ordering a Bengal. I kinda lifted my eyebrows wondering why, but I try not to judge people and TELL them what to do.

Sometimes people take advice the wrong way, but I would have recommended an S4 for serious target work or that I like to refer to as it's smaller brother, the Mystic. For target work I would never even consider a bow with less than a 38" A2A, and I only have a 27" draw. Opinions are just that, but I've been around this block shooting compounds for over 35 years and have learned a lot about what works and what works better---in most cases.

So yes, if you want to spend the money? Mystic w/ Furious X cams, No doubt about it. Especially if you like it anyway.

aramkiss

Please excuse my mistake on picking the incorrect bow at the beginning (beginner mistake/confusion of read too many forum posts) I was initially looking at S4 and Slayer, but after I went down to the dealer and he sized me and my draw length is 25.5" and 50lbs draw weight. That pretty much put using S4 or Slayer bows.

So dealer picked some Hoyt and Matthew target bows he knew that would fit me and I tried them. Both bows were alright, but price was out of my range or the bow did not feel right. So I ended up checking out the Bengal target he had in stock (he did have Mystics at the time). I liked the bow and it felt good to shoot so I reserved one while we sorted out sight and rest to buy. When I went back a week later to let him know which rest and sight I was buying he said I should think about going back to a pure target bow. He brought out the Mystic for other customer and you know the rest.

Hopefully no other surprises will happen when he call Martin supplier to order Mystic. I will have to wait and see when he calls me with the details of order.

Thanks for all the great responses and your patience

Andre

flytier17

Congrats. You will be drilling X's in no time.