Thread: 2" blazers (offset) vs. 1,5" blazers (extreme offset) for bhs

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2" blazers (offset) vs. 1,5" blazers (extreme offset) for bhs

hello.

I got new arrows (beman hunter 340 27" for a 65 pound bow 27,5" draw length) and will use a 100gr. g5 montec --> 2" blazers (offset) vs. 1,5" blazers (extreme offset)???

Post Thanks / Like

A well tuned bow could get by, but 2" Blazers would be better for a fixed broadhead. I know a couple that even used the Mini Blazer. 2" Blazers would give that little extra security to flight.

Blazers are said to be fletched no more that 2 to 3 degrees, but helical does not subtract from accuracy. What speed is lost doesn't come until down range a ways, like 35 to 40 yards, more farther down range. And then no one has told of what speed there is lost. Probably not enough to worry about.

I tested accuracy with field points and it's excellent, about 2 and 3" groups at 80 yards....
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

Post Thanks / Like

I would run 2 in. Blazers with 3 degree. They tune easy and are very forgiving.
    Rhody Creek Archery 406-564-8372
    Authorized Martin Dealer
    Martin Factory Staff, Trophy Taker Pro-Staff, Bohning Pro-Staff, Gold Tip Advisory Staff, Bust-A-Buck Sales Rep (MT)

Post Thanks / Like

Also, with the 2" Blazers, you'll have more options for broadheads since you'll have better "steering". I've played around with vanes quite a bit, and the 2" are about the best option I have found. No speed loss at normal hunting ranges, and far better accuracy with a range of broadheads. Not all BH's are created equal in flight, and the 2" will handle all but the largest and most crooked fixed blades. My Predator vanes are just like the Blazers, but cheaper, and I fletch them with about a 2 degree offset. Opposite sides of the vane in a straight line down the arrow. Top left is in line with the bottom right. ( // ) Was told that was about 2 degrees, and it's worked great for me so far.
    Last edited by Ehunter; 01-29-2014 at 03:49 PM.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Been moving toward feathers, but the 2" Blazers fletched on the Mini Arizona are it in the wind. They outshoot any vane I've tried in the wind.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if many here are familiar with Bi-Delta vanes or not, but I've found their 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes work VERY well with my arrow setup. You can check them out here (http://www.bideltavanes.com/). I'm not affiliated with the company; just very pleased with how these perform. I've used 2" Blazer and Fusion vanes, and found these Bi-Delta vanes just worked better, especially in windy and cross-wind conditions.
    08/12 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made torque reducing cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)