Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Local 3-D shoot today

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    Congrats, Don.

Kind of odd to hear of 42 targets. Around here it's 30 or 40 and sometimes there be one novelty shot within.
    Sonny,
    Almost all of our 3-D shoots are 42 targets.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    If you only knew how hard I have been trying to do just that, 3 years now.
    But I don't think they want anything to do with someone that shoots non-sights and fingers.
    Don.
    With them under new management now, you never know.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Congratulations Don! Now all you got to do is join the Martin Pro staff.

A.S
    If you only knew how hard I have been trying to do just that, 3 years now.
    But I don't think they want anything to do with someone that shoots non-sights and fingers.
    Don.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    With them under new management now, you never know.

A.S
    Hard nut to crack there, Don. If the NFAA ever goes to having X number in a class bare compound shooters may be faced shooting in Bare Bow (all the goodie stabilizers they want) or even Bow Hunter Free Style Limited, again, NFAA. ASA doesn't have a bare compound class and if Regions is following suit, neither do they. So hard for the bare compound to be Lime Lighted, thus not to the liking of Manufacturers.

By that wanted going around is if only one is a class the competitor will be moved to the next higher class. For those that don't know, Traditional or recurve bows with sights is no longer a class by it's self. They were moved to compound bow, fixed sights were combined with Bow Hunter Free Style Limited (fingers) and to Bow Hunter Free style (releases).

Our club has gone with; "Must have more than one is class to recieve awards." The old NFAA saying; It isn't he or her fault no one is in their class" doesn't hold water any more.

Okay, this started long ago with the NFAA giving Championship status to one "wining" with just one in class. Look up Champion; One who defeats all others. I personally know of one person who took Champion in his class because he was the only one it and he shot 12 arrows of the 40 target 3D event. He was shooting in my group and that he missed more than he hit, he decided to quit. I told him to turn in his score card and he got his Championship Plaque....
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 01-27-2014 at 03:05 PM.
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

Post Thanks / Like

There is an agenda on the books for NFAA that is getting voted on during the vegas shoot, they are going to combine barebow and bowhunter.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/

Post Thanks / Like

There is an agenda on the books for NFAA that is getting voted on during the vegas shoot, they are going to combine barebow and bowhunter.
    Don.
    I'm not a hardcore 3D shooter, do it when I don't have to work weekends but this doesn't sound fair to me. Up here using that combo the bowhunter would have a huge advantage. My bow is set up for hunting and I use a HHA "slider" sight and that puts me in the unlimited class where they have the major advantage. Yes, I could change things on my setup to "fit" their class or buy a target only bow, but that's not why I go to those. I shoot my everyday setup to improve accuracy period. Sometimes I'll even run the course with my quiver and day pack on, and always shoot my 425gr hunting arrows.

Either way, I don't think it's a fair call to combine two very different classes.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post
    I'm not a hardcore 3D shooter, do it when I don't have to work weekends but this doesn't sound fair to me. Up here using that combo the bowhunter would have a huge advantage. My bow is set up for hunting and I use a HHA "slider" sight and that puts me in the unlimited class where they have the major advantage. Yes, I could change things on my setup to "fit" their class or buy a target only bow, but that's not why I go to those. I shoot my everyday setup to improve accuracy period. Sometimes I'll even run the course with my quiver and day pack on, and always shoot my 425gr hunting arrows.

Either way, I don't think it's a fair call to combine two very different classes.
    The bowhunter class is....non-sights and fingers, 12" max stabilizer, no draw checks, no string walking, no multi anchors, no levels.
    Barebow is a free style bow without the sights and shot with fingers.
    Don.

Post Thanks / Like

Don is correct. Where some confusion may be is, is the correct name. Nothing on the compound bow is called Competitive Bow Hunter and given description as using heavy tackle. Now heavy tackle isn't exactly correct, but the NFAA gives a description of; that of a hunting bow. The NFAA gives over a page of rules for this class and mostly of what you cant' use or do
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if any of the shoots I go to are sanctioned, maybe just club level. Bowhunter here is : release, stabilizer less than 8", fixed sight (no sliders).
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Just North of you a little and the wind blew so hard yesterday that when I went out today to shoot I fell over because there wasn't enough wind to hold me up.