Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gotta get Martin back in the Pro-Shops!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gotta get Martin back in the Pro-Shops!

I just went to the most well-known Pro-Shop here in my area, and asked to see the new Martin's. They are listed on the Martin web site as a Martin vendor. I was told that all they do is service Martin's they do not carry any more Martin bows, only service them. He made another remark about they were out of business but trying to restructure, but that he does not carry their bows anymore. This is too bad.

I hope Martin has a plan and a sales team out their beating the bushes trying to get Martin's back in the pro shops.
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

Post Thanks / Like

Same in the Reno area. The dealers that normally have them in stock all say they are waiting on Martin to ship to them. The shop that was helping with my Z said a lot of people been asking about the new Martins & they could have sold a bunch if they had them.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

The song sang many places....Until the end of 2008 the shop I worked at was the only shop that carried Martin's, the Gold Series. Other shops were said Martin dealers, but didn't stock, only ordered.
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 01-30-2014 at 07:22 PM.
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

Post Thanks / Like

they'll get there.

i have a local shop that also has a martin sign, but no longer stocks martin. he told me he only carried martin for his entry level / low cost brand, but has since replaced it with something else. he did mention that he MAY begin carrying it again once they are back on their feet.

it will take some time. I obviously have no horse in this race, but my guess is, nobody spends that much to buy a company, and then not go through the necessary steps to get it on shelves. But it will certainly take some time.

They are going to dealers and saying please put us on your shelf. they're going in and trying to convince them that all is well now, that they are back on the upswing, that the quality is there, that the support is there, and that the longevity will be there. For many dealers, that wont be an easy task.
    2004 Martin Jaguazor 60# 27" Twisted Archer strings. Trophy Ridge Revolution rest. Trophy Ridge Pursuit sight.
    2004 Bowtech Pro40 Wheely. 60# 27" VaporTrail strings. Trophy Taker fall away rest. HHA Optimizer lite sight.
    http://www.ToledoTees.com

Post Thanks / Like

Can't find one in my area at all that will carry them in stock. They'll order for you if you convince them hard enough from what I know, but if you ask about Martin most get all bent because they are Hoyt/Mathews/Bowtech dealers and "Martin just doesn't sell around here" ... that is because everyone shoves those other companies down everyone's throats.

Really hope there is a shop within a reasonable distance that will pick up the new line because I would like to shoot a few of the new models and hopefully get another one in my hand.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

There are no Martin dealers within 2 hours drive for me. When I bought my Bone Hunter I got it from D/"?!s sporting goods but they don't carry them any more either. Hopefully someone will deal Martin again because I would like to buy another one in the future but would like to shoot them before buying one.
    2013 Martin Onza XT
    NAP Apache Rest
    Trophy Ridge 3pin Cypher Sight
    NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Kwikee Kwik 3 Kwiver
    Truball stinger release
    CX Heart Attack 350
    100g Rocket Hammerheads

Bow String Depot

60% of the time it works every time!

WWW.shorewindshuntingfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like

doing what I can in my area as a dealer. I have a lot of interest. I am excited to meet with the rep and make my "big" order.
    Rhody Creek Archery 406-564-8372
    Authorized Martin Dealer
    Martin Factory Staff, Trophy Taker Pro-Staff, Bohning Pro-Staff, Gold Tip Advisory Staff, Bust-A-Buck Sales Rep (MT)

8. Thanks Lung Buster, Arrow Splitter thanked for this post
    Likes Lung Buster, Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

LB, I think the reason Dick's isn't carrying them is due to the fact that they couldn't get any bows from Martin. Talking to my local rep, he said that was the problem with Bass and Cabelas as well. Not enough supply for the demand, so alot of stores stopped carrying them. However, the stores he was selling to said if Martin ever got production back up, they'd start carrying them again. Hopefully Dick's will too.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

The Bass Pro near me has the full line of Bear bow and a good chunk of PSE and Prime bows - it would be awesome to see that happen with Martin's either in BPS or Gander. Dicks near me just doesn't push archery that hard. Currently there are only 3 bows out on the shelf at the closest DSG all PSE garbage bows.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

The Gander in my area had a few Diamond brand bows. They had more crossbows than anything. Crossbows are selling like hotcakes to the gun hunters.
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver