Thread: Emery J Loiselle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Emery J Loiselle

I found two books last night that i purchased back in 1981 when first got my Cougar II. "Doctor your own compound bow" and "Sensabout Bow Tuning". I googled the author and just read this heartwarming story.

http://www.lowellsun.com/news/ci_238...ts-at-national

I checked on Ebay and someone is trying to sell the book for $187 dollars!

The book is like reading a archery history book. There are pictures of all the bows of the day. For Martin he has the M-4 Cougar, the original 4 wheeler. He also has the Kam-Act MK2.

Anyway, I really liked the story about him. He is still alive and winning tournaments at the age of 92!
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'd check on the book through other means - maybe Archery History, Terry Martin. Sounds to be too good to be true thing...

I have one by Roger Combs, I think. So outdated it shouldn't be on the market, but it was and I think still is. I have a hard back archery tuning book, also outdated. Now, really, get past the "old" tackle and the tuning isn't all that much different than today.
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself