Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Martin Signs Chris Brackett

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    The one time I saw him was enough for me.
    Interesting... I may get my chance to meet him. He's sposed to be at the Iowa Deer Classic at the end of February. Be a bummer if he's a total douche!

Post Thanks / Like

Like him or not, it is a step in a positive direction. Having a highly recognized figure in the field, that has a good amount of attention with 2 main shows, you are going to get noticed. Will some be turned off by it, yeah I'm sure - but at the same time those will probably be the people that already either didn't care for Bracket or Martin. What you are going to see is how well he will be shooting with these bows and it will get some people's attention. Start with 1 noticeable figure in the field and more will follow as long as things continue to move in a positive direction.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

3. Thanks webbnate_45 thanked for this post
    Likes webbnate_45 liked this post
    Super Moderator FishingandHuntingUSA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris Brackett is a professional archer, bow expert, and former host of Arrow Affliction.

Brackett is from Bartonville, Illinois. He is the founder of Brackett Outdoors, which organizes several outdoor activities including bowfishing.

In 2008, Brackett hosted the show Arrow Affliction on Sportsman Channel.[1] After that, he has served as a trainer in History Channel's Top Shot and has started other projects like Outdoor Channel's Fear No Evil, with Zac Brown

He has been around and is well known so yes he is a good choice and was available. I would imagine it is not easy to hire someone for a reasonable about of money and right now Martin needs to put their money into production not advertising. We are a part of the Salmon Showdown fishing show that will air on the Pursuit Channel in a few days for 26 weeks. Our commercial includes a short spot for Martin Archery
    check it out https://vimeo.com/85041974

5. Thanks wscywabbit, Hutch~n~Son Archery thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My 2 cents here..... I watch his show Arrow Affliction on Outdoor Channel. Is he offensive in some ways? Absolutely. As a TV personality personally I don't care for him. BUT, what he can do with a bow is absolutely amazing! I love bow hunting, and I also just plain love shooting bows, period. I watch his show for the trick shots and hair brained ideas he comes up with. Anyone see the episode where he rigged up his bow to bowfish for turkeys? Genius idea. Bottom line, Martin Archery will get a lot more interest once episodes of him shooting Martin's start airing. Great move for them I think. I for one can't wait.
    Genesis 21:20 - And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.

Post Thanks / Like

I too think it's a great move by Martin. The only thing I don't care for is his "catch phrase" BOOYAH Baby, when he makes a kill. He doesn't have the budget that most others do and does a better job than them in my opinion. I despise the arrogance from Lee & Tiff, the Drury brothers, Jim Shockey, and a host of others that flaunt their wealth, hunt on unlimited private land, have most thing handed to them, and seem to get tags every year in states that require a draw. I seen one last year, an Elk hunt here in Nevada, where after the kill he stated that this was his third bull in Nevada in as many years. No way, in Nevada if you are successful there is a 10 year waiting period to enter the draw again. If you are unsuccessful there is a 5 year wait. These people are great shots with any weapon they are given but not ethical or realistic in my opinion, especially for the average Joe hunting public land.
    Mathews, PSE, Hoyt, and Bowtech have astronomical advertising budgets whereas Martin is trying very hard to get back on top with new owners and ideas. I see nothing but good things for both parties here. Chris is a descent guy and more in touch with people like us that those listed above.

Rant over........
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

8. Likes webbnate_45 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

NuttyNative.... I think you hit the nail on the head brother. Most of the shows on there present people with the false idea that killing a deer is really easy. Just sit in a stand for a couple hrs then what do ya know Big Buck Down! The shows like the crush, bone collector, etc. are entertainment only, because it is not real life. I was already happy as a fat kid at a buffet when I heard the news then I came back to the site and seen the video of Chris and why he chose Martin and I feel even better.
    Genesis 21:20 - And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.

10. Likes NuttyNative liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With or with out Chris makes no difference to me, I was shooting Ryteras, Martin before he got on. Chris is a trick shot, hunter and high strung but shooting martin is a step in the right direction for the company. It seems Martin is asking the consumer for ideas and if so they need to listen to the Vets on the forums who know which cams are best then go from there, just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

hey guys I'm back. moved to the hills and have been without internet. Good to be back.
    Anyways the last time i watched spirit of the wild ted was shooting a mathews so any publicity is good publicity and by the way we ARE shooting the most accurate bows in the world
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

13. Likes wscywabbit, Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any exposure is better than none. I think this guy loves archery and will be responsible for many sales. I first looked at martin because Uncle Ted shot them. Now I own 3

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Bowbender!

Yep I wish Uncle Ted still represented. I don't blame him for finding another sponsor when Martin didn't renew contracts, the man has a business to and a show to run. I just wish he hadn't went to the other "M" LOL!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps