Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nitro vs. Fury XT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nitro vs. Fury XT

Anyone shot both and able to comment on any differences or similarities btw the 2. Wondering how much more "aggressive" the Nitro might be over the Fury. Really on the fence if I'm going to go with one of the models with the Nitro or pick up another Fury XT model ... or wait and see if a new solo comes in 2015

Not apples to apples, but I feel a significant difference with the hybrid cams on the Method I have now compared to the old M-Pro on the reliable Cheetah.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I think the fury xt is a good cam really spits an arrow for a solo cam. I have had 2 of them I had a Pantera and I have a Prowler both great bows. I like the nitro cams more I have 2 bows with the nitro 2 cams and they both shoot great I like the valley and being able to creep a little more than the fury xt cam both great cams imo. Im thinkin Lithium always liked the onzas maybe one in my future maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by GB3YO; 02-01-2014 at 10:54 PM.
    2013 Martin Onza Xt
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter turned Silencer
    2006 Martin Cougar 4se
    Fred Bear Grizzly @ 45lbs and Shakespear wonderbow @ 50lbs
    Love bows and everything bout bow hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Every bow has its own feel. I have 4 bows with cams from nitro 2.0 and 3.0. 2 with hyper-x 2.0 and 3.0. each one had its own bite through the pulls. Smoothed out over time.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site underwood! Appropriate avatar, especially around this site!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

It's really going to be a toss up on the Lithium and Eclypse, maybe a Xenon as of right now. Been some good deals floating around the bay on the 2013 Aliens, just wasn't a big fan of the CCS but that can be fixed with a conversion kit ...

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. Got a 1986 cougar speed-flite to start. A 2012 cougar fc. Thought the pic was a good choice for me.

7. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only reason I sold my Bengal was the lack of valley compared to the nitro cam. Definitely a more efficient cam system. Might not be as smooth on the draw but faster and more comfortable to shoot. If I was going to pick a 2014 bow up from Martin I would be looking at the onza xt I believe the name is the lithium.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilt15 View Post
    Only reason I sold my Bengal was the lack of valley compared to the nitro cam. Definitely a more efficient cam system. Might not be as smooth on the draw but faster and more comfortable to shoot. If I was going to pick a 2014 bow up from Martin I would be looking at the onza xt I believe the name is the lithium.
    The XT (Lithium) has been on my radar since it was introduced as a Rytera model. I'm feeling the draw and valley in the Bear I currently have might be assisting the problems I've had. It loads up pretty quick and holds firm into the valley, doesn't feel like much of one to me and the holding weight is a touch more at 75% than a normal 80%. It holds firm, but with the problems I'm having recently with the shoulder, will have me going back down to a 60# limb - just need to find the right draw cycle to match it. Taking some turns out on a 70# is no problem, but if I'm going to do that, rather just have a 60 maxed out. Felt like the FXT on the Bengal was pretty nice, but I would agree the valley was definitely short and far in the back end of the draw almost as quickly as the cam rolls over.

Not being able to shoot right now is making me insane - missing indoor 3D and might miss the first outdoor that I typically go to.

Post Thanks / Like

I have own several of the Fury Cam bows and few Nitro's also. I will say the best shooting and most accurate bow that I've ever shot was my 2012 Pantera, had a 2009 with Acu-Trak that was a shooter also. 2012 Pantera set at 70lbs and 29" draw was dead on at 30-70 yards. The best feel on valley, draw and wall was the Onza and Fire Cat 400 with the Nitro Cams. I would still have most of those bows but the limb issue just got to me. I did replace the FC 400 Limbs with Barnsdale Limb on my FC 400 and it a shooter. The FC 400 shoots a 400g arrow at 284fps with 8190 string and 452x cables. I would say if you're using the bow for cross over and or just hunting the Nitros, but for a 3D I shoot the Fury. I'm going to wait for the 2015 line up or pick up a late season Lithium. Good Luck Droppixel.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2014 Mathews Creed
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 2013 nemesis 35 with the 3.0 nitro cams. Even though it's max is 50 lbs. With the split limbs and 3.0 cams, it pulls like butter.