Thread: Putting Nitrous X on an Onza XT...has anyone done the conversion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Putting Nitrous X on an Onza XT...has anyone done the conversion

I'm working with a guy to see if we can fit Nitrous X cams to a gen 3 Onza XT. He has B cams and needs a 27" draw length with the stock 33.25" ATA and 7" BH. I'm going to do some math tonight to see if we can get there. Anybody have a weigh-in on this venture?

Post Thanks / Like

No reason why it can't be done...if the Nitrous cam will fit between his limb forks. Nitrous cams have a wide axle hub. Should be an interesting bow, once you get the string and cable lenghts figured out. As you are aware, the cam size may change the draw weight. Keep us updated. Bye the way, know anyone interested in swapping Nitrous Cs for my Bs?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    No reason why it can't be done...if the Nitrous cam will fit between his limb forks. Nitrous cams have a wide axle hub. Should be an interesting bow, once you get the string and cable lenghts figured out. As you are aware, the cam size may change the draw weight. Keep us updated. Bye the way, know anyone interested in swapping Nitrous Cs for my Bs?
    I'm not sure which way the poundage will go, I'll have to do a bit of research on that one. As far as Bs to Cs, I can't help you there.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep us up to date . Pictures are always nice
    '08 Firecat a righty
    '06 Slayer a lefty
    "97 High Country Protec

Post Thanks / Like

The project has come to an end, the guy who I was working on this with decided to sell the bow...too bad, I think it would have been a shooter for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've got an Onza XT.... and Nitrous cams.... It shoots pretty good the way it is though. I've got a basket case bow that the Nitro 3's would fit on though!! ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Powerlineman83 View Post
    Well, I've got an Onza XT.... and Nitrous cams.... It shoots pretty good the way it is though. I've got a basket case bow that the Nitro 3's would fit on though!! ;-)
    Basket case bow?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    Basket case bow?
    Hahaha!! Yeah, it's in a basket cuz all that it is is a pile of parts.... I think all that's actually left is the riser, limb bolts and roto cups from a 2010 Warthog! I've got a couple sets if limbs to try though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Powerlineman83 View Post
    Hahaha!! Yeah, it's in a basket cuz all that it is is a pile of parts.... I think all that's actually left is the riser, limb bolts and roto cups from a 2010 Warthog! I've got a couple sets if limbs to try though.
    Are those limb cups for square butt limbs? If so you should have no problem. The draw weight will depend partly on riser geometry. Be carefull that you don't end up with a short ata, as I don't think that the nitrous cams will preform as dependably with a short ata and cable slide set up. Think that maybe the sharp angle to the cable slide will want to derail the cams, although the nitrous cams do have a deep string grove, but that may cause exessive string wear. If you bolt the limbs on without the cams, measure from axel hole to axle hole on the limbs, and subtract 7" you'll know the approximate ATA. Martin recomends 3.50" limb preload.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info!! The limbs on this bow are the round front..... So if I do attempt it I will have to take a page out of Mr. Meadows book and get the sandpaper out!

I'm not sure I'm going to attempt this, but it would be cool. I was inspired after reading the thread about the Scepter V he put Nitrous cams on.