Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saber Takedown, String keeps coming off center of string groove(lower limb)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saber Takedown, String keeps coming off center of string groove(lower limb)

Hi I am new to the forums.

I got my Saber Takedown bow about 20 days ago. Bought it new on Amazon.
    I have only taken it to the range twice for an hr session each.
    Yesterday after a shot the string went past the sting groove(lower limb) , past the riser and created a diagonal alignment from limb to limb. (hard to explain, should have taken a picture)
    Basically I put it back to normal, and still noticing that string is not returning back to the string groove after a shot or even slow draw.

It could be a twisted riser or limb problem.

Please advice on how to fixed this or get a replacement.

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Look at the string while strung, from one nock the the other, are the limbs in line under the the string? Can you take a pic looking down the string and popst it here so that we can see whats going on?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

WP_20140204_003.jpg
    This is after I did a slow draw and bring the string back to position. WP_20140204_004.jpg
    (bow after strung, before slow draw) Sorry, it was had to look down the string and take a photo.
    Due to work i will not be able to test it at the range again until Thursday, but as of right now I could use any suggestion.
    As of now I am just trying to straightening out the limbs, with small amount of pressure while strung.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Cica_Trix; 02-04-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

make certain the limbs are square and flush on the riser. When I first got my Diablo td I twisted my limbs quite badly using the stringer supplied. I straightened them out without permanent damage. Then I got a new stringer with a rubber grip on one side and a pocked that holds the limb on the other. I leave it strung most of the time now as I shoot it almost everyday. Good luck and give Martin a phone call.

5. Likes Cica_Trix liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a rule of thumb for how long you can leave a bow strung between usage? If I shoot once a week should can I leave it strung or should I un-string it?

Post Thanks / Like

Bad news/good news. At least one limb is twisted, but the good news is that Martin will replace them. Will take about a week, depending on how far from Walla Walla you are. Or as Steve said, you may be able to straighten them, simply twist them away from their current position. Grandson's Diablo had a twisted upper limb, a phone call, and we shipped the old limbs back to Marin and Martin sent new limbs back. The receptionest handled our exchange. Select the operator option when prompted.
    As for you last question, how long can you leave your bow strung....The Ben Pearson Cougar listed at the bottom of my signature has been strung for the last year, I shoot it every day, and it has'nt lost any power, still whumps the bag hard. You will need a peg to hang your strung bow from, DO NOT stand it on a limb tip!!
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

8. Thanks Cica_Trix thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. I will try to straighten the and twist them away from their current position, and will test it tomorrow after work. I don't want to call for replace until last case situation.

I was wondering about leaving bow stung also, there are lots of mix opinion on the web about.
    Sometime I just want to leave the Saber strung until I really need for traveling in the case.
    Last edited by Cica_Trix; 02-05-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

have you had in luck in getting you limb stright?
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

11. Likes Cica_Trix liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally got to take out for some 10 yard shooting for about 50 shots, and its seem to work for now. With slow pressure, I tried straighten and twist them away from their current position before the range. I was just have to be more careful with my shots so I do not torque the riser or the string when i draw. Hopes it stay this way for the future!.

Post Thanks / Like

Slow stready twisting usually works, some stubborn twists require a bit of heat, usually just steam the limb and slowly twist, and hold till cool. And as said if all else fails, a phone call will fix the situation. Good luck, and keep us informed.