Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saber Takedown, String keeps coming off center of string groove(lower limb)

Post Thanks / Like

OK, something else I just realized to toss in here. Measure the brace height to make usre it's at least 7". 7 1/4" would be even better. Add twists to the string as necessary. When I got my Diabl TD I had to add 45 twists to the string to get 7" brace. A week later it had stretched and I had to add another 15 twists, so you have to check it for a while till it settles in.

Another thing of note. It's been mentioned here and other forums about the serving coming unraveled. I've now seen it first hand at the Great American Outdoor Show this week with one of our demo bows. These strings are not the best of quality and the serving material and workmanship is, well, less than stellar. If serving comes loose then you (or anybody) could just have it reserved at a local shop. Better yet is to just replace it with a good custom job. I replaced the factory Dacron string on my Diablo with one made of trophy material and gained 25 fps, with only 30# limbs.

Right now I've got a new in-the-box Saber and am going to strip and reserve the string before I even install it. Most likely Hutch will be getting an order from me in the very near future for another good custom one. Gotta figure out what weird colors I'd like.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

be brave Barry let HuntingHutchet deside for you
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Yep cheap strings, thanks for the opinion cause it is the same as mine even though I know little about strings. Same with the stringer that came with it. I never did use the rest. The shop told me to go with a better one. I hope they are saving enough on the extras to make the bad experiences worth while.
    Not good advertisement for Martin Accessories. Still I really like my Diablo TD and would buy it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardneck View Post
    Is there a rule of thumb for how long you can leave a bow strung between usage? If I shoot once a week should can I leave it strung or should I un-string it?
    From what I've read, there is no harm in leaving a recurve strung. The main reason for leaving it un-strung is: 1. Safety (like leaving a gun loaded). Someone could put a arrow in it and shoot. 2. Avoiding someone picking it up and dry-firing, which could destroy the bow. Most of the energy of the bow is absorbed by the arrow, and without the arrow, it all goes into the bow.

Post Thanks / Like

OK change of plans. Sorry Hutchet but I got a call last night from a club member asking if I could donate anything toward our upcoming club spring picnic that could be raffled off. As you all can imagine I donated the Saber TD to the cause. Proceeds to go toward our youth archery program.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver