Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 Bengal: cable slide is fraying the string

Post Thanks / Like

After a little further study, around AT and such, which I should have done before posting, it seems, from what I read, that this is a quite common problem with most all stock cable slides. For such a simple and inexpensive part, though costly should it fail (even Hutch strings aren't inexpensive to needlessly replace) it's rather disheartening. The everyday consumer, like myself (many here I would not classify as 'everyday consumers'), expect, when they spend ... what?... 300 to 800 to... on up in dollars, an item to be complete and ready to use, be it a bow or stove or fridge or whatever. It seems, after laying out the money on any make of bow, the first thing one hears is 'Now, the first thing you need to do is replace that stock string and cable slide. Another hundred dollars should handle it. Then you can start shooting.' Bow companies, large and small, would do well to take note of their failing. And here I just thought I got a bad one; I did, but it almost sounds like about everyone does.
    Saunders on the way, thanks to all here. Sure it will work well.... o
    Anything I may post is in no way meant to besmirch anyone or any entity in any way, so please don't take it, wrongly, as such. Thank You.

Post Thanks / Like

I installed the Saunders, much better! I am still going to request a new string from Martin since I will need to replace this one a lot sooner now. Thank you for the advice Hutchet.

3. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Martin is making good on the string, I am very happy to see good customer service. Jake was very interested in the problem and very professional.

5. Thanks wscywabbit thanked for this post
    Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Right on, that is good news
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps