Thread: Local club 3-D shoot today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Local club 3-D shoot today

I have another club shoot today, it is going to be 1 arrow 42 unmarked 3-D targets.
    Here is a link to the club I belong to, you can see the shoot info there along with all the clubs info.
    I am going to go to the next board meeting and try to talk them into bidding on hosting the 2015 NFAA Unmarked 3-D Nationals.
    http://www.orancobowmen.org/
    I will try to remember to get some pics and post them up later today.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Weater was awesome for the shoot, mid 70's. The course was set up real tough, shots out to around 75,70,65 yards.
    I shot a low score but still able to bring home a win. I think we had 230 shooters for the day, 10 in my class.
    Don.
    Camera pics 134.jpgCamera pics 129.jpgCamera pics 128.jpgCamera pics 135.jpg
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/

3. Thanks Arrow Splitter, bob cooly thanked for this post
    Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's some fine shootin Dave. What poundage are you shooting? And rest?

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on some great shooting Don. I think you need a little competition out there now.LOL What is it now, 3 in a row?

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Don! Congrats
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    That's some fine shootin Dave. What poundage are you shooting? And rest?
    I am shooting 57 pounds and I shoot the best finger rest on the planet. It is a Timberdoodle ll from Specialty Archery.
    Don.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Don!

Dang, you just got brag about the weather. I ain't shot in over two weeks. If we got up into the 20 degree range we were lucky. 14 degrees right now.

Timberdoodle. When Bodoodle closed due to the original owner passing away a lot of us were downhearted. Archery Specialty bought Bodoodle and prices doubled.
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    Congrats, Don!

Dang, you just got brag about the weather. I ain't shot in over two weeks. If we got up into the 20 degree range we were lucky. 14 degrees right now.

Timberdoodle. When Bodoodle closed due to the original owner passing away a lot of us were downhearted. Archery Specialty bought Bodoodle and prices doubled.
    Sonny, here ya go...hee hee..http://local.msn.com/ten-day.aspx?q=...7898&zip=92507
    Once I tryed a Timberdoodle I was hooked, but found that they were not NFAA leagel,
    so I got the Timberdoodle ll and modifide the fins so it was ok to shoot it.
    I shot it at the NFAA unmarked 3-D nationals and won, talked to the new owner there in the Specialty Archery booth and explained and showed him what had to be done to the rest. He was really happy to get feedback from a finger shooter, first ever on the new rest.
    3 weeks later I get a call from him asking me if I would like to be on staff for the 2014 season, of course I said yes and thank you...
    Don.
    Last edited by Don B; 02-15-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, yakking with the right people gets you somewhere sometimes.
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself