Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Slayer X 70lbs

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean, I can see that sometime in the not so distant future that we will be having bidding wars on Nitrous equiped bows on Ebay....when they do come up. Hopefully, the patent on Nirtous cams will soon run out, and some enterprising company ( maybe Martin ) will start making them again. Maybe with a slightly narrower hub, so that we could use other limbs.
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 03-02-2014 at 01:51 PM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

2. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Likes mxtuner1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cranberry Slayer. Yes have a Lot to learn. Have and HHA 5519 and a limb driver standard drop awaiting. Plus a lot of love. LOL old dogs can learn new trick.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

4. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Likes elkslayer4x5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tosi View Post
    Cranberry Slayer. Yes have a Lot to learn. Have and HHA 5519 and a limb driver standard drop awaiting. Plus a lot of love. LOL old dogs can learn new trick.
    I think that you're going to really like that bow, and the sight. Its gonna feel heavy compared to what you're shooting now, as the 05 SlayR's were kinda hefty, but it sure made 'em easy to hold on target, not to mention those beautifull anodisied colors.
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

6. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    I think that you're going to really like that bow, and the sight. Its gonna feel heavy compared to what you're shooting now, as the 05 SlayR's were kinda hefty, but it sure made 'em easy to hold on target, not to mention those beautifull anodisied colors.
    +1 Everyone's so obsessed with saving weight.... some of these "new" bows that are short ATA and lightweight are tough for me to shoot. Just don't feel right. As for the anodizing, I agree it's great. Looks better and holds up better than a lot of finishes. I do like Cerakote and Kolorfusion too... All I'm getting at is I hope Martin gets away from their "Maaco" paint jobs for their target colors.

8. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Powerlineman83 View Post
    +1 Everyone's so obsessed with saving weight.... some of these "new" bows that are short ATA and lightweight are tough for me to shoot. Just don't feel right. As for the anodizing, I agree it's great. Looks better and holds up better than a lot of finishes. I do like Cerakote and Kolorfusion too... All I'm getting at is I hope Martin gets away from their "Maaco" paint jobs for their target colors.
    I'm with you, the short AtA bows are difficult for me to hold on target. Also haven't seen a paint job yet that can compare to the anodizied risers of the mid 2000's. My son and I have both have 2004 Cougar III Elites ( Nitrous camed, of course ) not sure what his is named but it is a fade from a metallic orange on top to gold on the bottom, mine is blue ghost flames, neither show any wear after 10 years. Both of the bows are X rigged, so we should expect long limb life. Good elite limbs are getting harder to find.

10. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My "Pet" bow 2005 Slayr has the same orange to gold riser. I love that bow. That is the one I take to 3d matches. Found a Phantom II in same color going to make up for adult daughter so she can match me. Even though she will be 30 next month, lol.
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

Post Thanks / Like

I passed on the chance to pick up several 06 Slayers in various colors, Chameleon? was an odd color, liked the copper, think it was called Colorado Copper, like your granddaughter's Tigeress, Cranberry, a pearly black and on and on. Great anodized colors.
    At one time you could find several in the AT classified every week, guess that would be non buyer's remorse..Yet I know that those bows are still out there, laying around someone's garage, in pieces.

13. Likes mxtuner1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got some blue ones too and they are awesome. I know I am bragging but I have a blue one, nitrous "C", still in original box with all the papers, never even fully assembled, from 2004. I bring it out of its cardboard den occasionally and show friends and they are like "Whoa...the pinnacle of Martin engineering...BRAND NEW IN BOX still from 2004????"
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    I'm with you, the short AtA bows are difficult for me to hold on target. Also haven't seen a paint job yet that can compare to the anodizied risers of the mid 2000's. My son and I have both have 2004 Cougar III Elites ( Nitrous camed, of course ) not sure what his is named but it is a fade from a metallic orange on top to gold on the bottom, mine is blue ghost flames, neither show any wear after 10 years. Both of the bows are X rigged, so we should expect long limb life. Good elite limbs are getting harder to find.
    They were called "SUNBURST" and I have a riser (just the riser) in S3 configuration...I also have a M2000 Cougar camo anodized and M2000 Cougar Pro Red anodized riser, a Pro Cat anodized S3 and a chrome Slayer with B NOS cams.

Post Thanks / Like

005.jpg Here is my favorite.....

17. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post