Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Limbs

Darrenhood

Default Limbs

I ordered 80# limbs for my left handed '08 70# Bengal. The take off limbs have a 5L marked on them, the new limbs have 6L. Bfisher informed me these are 75 pound limbs.

I figured I'd give them a try. Sometimes you wind up with a few extra pounds & in the high 70's would be just fine. Now that I have it reassembled & set at 32 A2A, with the limbs bottomed out it pulls 72 pounds.

Suppose if I can get 7L's it'll get up over 75?

Darrenhood

Out of the box this bow has had none of the string groove exposed on the cam. The string was hard up against the end of the groove. Per Flytier's suggestion, while getting the A2A where it belongs, I got maybe about 3/8" of the string groove exposed at brace.

Post Thanks / Like

Default limbs

hence the reason you are getting lower lbs. You need to orientate the cam like it was before (usually with the lobe of the cam exactly horizontal with the string), then work on the axle to axle by putting twist in or taking them out of the string and cables equally (not the # of twist but length of the cable and string) and if it is a single cam with an idler wheel you need to double the length of the string, whether shortening or lengthening verses the cable (to account for either side of the string that goes around the idler wheel. I hope I hav not totally confused you but you should pick up at least 3-5 lbs. One more thing it is usually always better to have the lobe of the cam under rotated than over rotated (pushing hard into the string).

Darrenhood

Thanks for the reply. Shortening the string was the last thing I did. Before that it was pulling 73 with the string right on the edge of riding up out of the end of the groove.

The string was getting a little fuzzy right where it & the flat O.D. of the cam meet. Thought it would help the string live longer if I kept it from smacking right there.

Been trying to email the cust./tech support all day & it's not going thru.

Most of the bows I've played with, stretching the draw length also increased the poundage, without turning a limb bolt. I'll take a look at this thing again & see if that's what's going on, the max poundage will only happen at max draw length.

Darrenhood

Meaning utilizing a longer draw length module to get more # out of it.

I ordered an 80# bow from Blue Mountain many years ago. Out of the box it maxed out at 73 or something low. Tore it apart & it had a 75# limb on top & an 80# on the bottom. Guess they thought I didn't mean it. Of course they sent another limb.

Think what I'm getting at, the way things are going, I'm pretty sure if I can get "7L" limbs, I won't have to worry about it pulling well over 80, but more like 77 or at least a solid 75.

Post Thanks / Like

Default limbs

as far as the mods giving you more #s...not neccicarily so. Some cams may work that way but on Martin bows changing the mods will not increase the #s while keeping everyyhing else the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Default limbs

on Martin bows there are three ways right off the top of my head to get more lbs...increase draw length by rotating cam, turn limb bolts in all the way, put more load on limbs by decreasing AtoA...not saying one should neccisarily do any of these things but thats how one can get more lbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Yo!!!!! Darrenhood,

Took you long enough to get on this site. If you're trying to get hold of customer service here it won't work. They periodically monitor this site, but don't answer too many calls here.

In reference to your limbs. I didn't want to mislead you when I said they are 75# limbs. What I should have said is that, according to all the bow/cam charts a 6H limb should be 5# more than your 5H limbs. Thus, if your 5H's were giving you 70# then the 6H should be 75#.

Scepterman has covered most of the basics as to what you can do. I don't know about every bow on the market, but I've had quite a few in the last 35 years and never have I seen one that changes poundage when I draw module is changed. At least not more than a pound or two, depending on the draw characteristics of that module.

Suggestion!!!!! Call Joel or Jake and see if you can swap those 6H limbs for 7H. I know you can get some more poundage by over-clocking the cam or preloading the limbs more because I've done it, but I'm just not certain it's a wise choice when you get up around the weight you're trying to get.

You're an animal.

Barry

Darrenhood

Hello again Barry,

I've been looking at this sight for a while, like before I got my Bengal. Came on here drooling over other Bengals in the hunting photos.

I just never wanted to pester you in your home sanctuary.

I certainly don't want to flex the limbs more.

On the home page "contact us" where you can select tech support, the emails just weren't going thru yesterday.

Are there timing marks or reference points for this M-Pro cam?

Darrenhood

Animal? Teddy Bear