Thread: Mystic vs Bengal draw weight

aramkiss

Default Mystic vs Bengal draw weight

Hi,

I was trying shooting a Mystic bow out a day ago and I noticed it felt a little difficult to draw compared against the Bengal I had tried out a couple weeks ago. I switched back and forth and it felt different. Both were set at 50# draw weight. Has this anything to do with Bengal being a parallel bow and that makes it easier to draw or something to do with cam design?

I ordered 60# weight Mystic because dealer told me he can reduce weight to 50# and I would work my way up as I got more experience. Now I am wondering if I should of ordered a 50#. Any advice about this situation?

Andre

Post Thanks / Like

Did they both have the same cam on them? Were they both measured and set for the same draw length? What limbs wereon the Mystic. All these things can make a difference on the draw cycle.

aramkiss

Bengal is single cam and Mystic was a elite bow. Both were set at #50 and both had a draw length of 26.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, so the Mystic probably had the Furious cams, right? And having Elite limbs the cam/modules were smaller than the Bengal's MPro cam. This means it takes a little more oomph to get the cam started.

The two bows just have different draw characteristics. The Furious cam will probably shoot a little faster. Also, the Furious can be adapted with an extra set of modules and made into Martin's X system (cabling) which eliminates the cable rod.

I won't say which system is better; dual or single cam. I know which one I prefer, but you gotta make up your own mind. I would also say thatgiven a little time your body will adjust to almost anything you draw.

Also be advised that Martin bows have a 15# weight range, so if you ordered a 60# model you can easily turn it down to 45# if you need to, and it won't hurt the bow whatsoever.

aramkiss

Good explaination ... just wanted to make sure it wasn't me ... still waiting for my Mystic order.

Thanks

Andre