Thread: Onza's out of garage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Onza's out of garage

Onza showed up today with new cams and strings. Will have to adjust the STS or reserve it, not a biggy. They installed the newer cams, Nitro 3L, so it will be interesting to see how it behaves once I get it together. Over all I think things went well, just not the communication we were used to. Call Joel, get parts, fix bow. Any body got these cams on an older bow have any tuning tips, I'd be glad to listen.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Onza's out of garage

Set "long" on DL and shorten a bit with the draw stop... At least that's what felt good to me with my XT. I'd have to put it on the draw board to give you the exact let off I've achieved but the seat-o-the pants tune feels good!

Post Thanks / Like

Powerlineman set his up like I ultimately set mine up. If you play around with it you'll get the "feel" you want though. Its been a while since I played around with mine but if I remember right, by going over my drawlength with the module, and then dialing it back with the drawstop, it lowers the let off percentage, and you may (or may not) drop all the way into the valley depending on your setup... its a recipe for a hotter bow. YMMV, many like setting up the other way around so you drop all the way into the valley and use all available let off.

The one thing to watch for though Bob, is that you make sure you set your drawstop so that it keeps you from over-rotating the cams, otherwise you'll chew up your cables So just make sure that when you get setup, the cams don't rotate past the flat lips built into them; they're kind of a built in cable stop.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick posts, I am down for a few days so I will play around till the strings get set in and get happy when she's up and running again. Aware of the over rotation and the draw stop built into the cams as I will make this one quick. Looked funny at first, I thought they had the cams wrong until I looked at the Scepter with the same cams.

Post Thanks / Like

I having a hard time posting pics. Took her out to the range and fired maybe 30 shots to settle in the strings. Went home and installed my big'ol 5/16" Meta peep and took me 3 shots to get it paper tuned. We are back in business just in time to look for a gobbler with a Muzzy 125 2 blade. Man 47lbs is swweeeeeettt.
    When I go to my picture file I get a DSN # I don't know how to change it to a standard jpg # ? O'Well were shootin bullet holes in paper so I imagine the rest will fall in line with a little walk back tuning.
    THANKS Martin Archery and Jake for the outstanding C.S. >>>>---------------->

Post Thanks / Like

just curious was your strings the same lengths for both cams
    2013 Martin Onza Xt
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter turned Silencer
    2006 Martin Cougar 4se
    Fred Bear Grizzly @ 45lbs and Shakespear wonderbow @ 50lbs
    Love bows and everything bout bow hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    I having a hard time posting pics. Took her out to the range and fired maybe 30 shots to settle in the strings. Went home and installed my big'ol 5/16" Meta peep and took me 3 shots to get it paper tuned. We are back in business just in time to look for a gobbler with a Muzzy 125 2 blade. Man 47lbs is swweeeeeettt.
    When I go to my picture file I get a DSN # I don't know how to change it to a standard jpg # ? O'Well were shootin bullet holes in paper so I imagine the rest will fall in line with a little walk back tuning.
    THANKS Martin Archery and Jake for the outstanding C.S. >>>>---------------->
    Drag the pic into paint, and when you click save as ( under file ) you have the option of where and how you save the file.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about strings being the same, Martin did not change the info sticker on the lower limb? Hutch; you got any ideas on string length change with this cam 3L Nitro. Elkslayer, I'll fool around with the paint option. At 20 yards they are scary close together $ wise.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    Not sure about strings being the same, Martin did not change the info sticker on the lower limb? Hutch; you got any ideas on string length change with this cam 3L Nitro. Elkslayer, I'll fool around with the paint option. At 20 yards they are scary close together $ wise.
    Not sure if they are diff, but I think they should be the same. The looks of the cam is diff but not the cam track.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com