Thread: Nitro 3 cams on older shadowcats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nitro 3 cams on older shadowcats

anyone think or try putting the new nitro cam on the 2010 or 2011 shadowcats yet....any chance you got the correct draw length adjustment from them...i have a 2011 with the nitro 1.5s on them that start at 29"(should be 27") and I may really need them to be 28"...wondering if a cam switch would be beneficial...of course then there is the question of string and cable lengths

Post Thanks / Like

If your draw needs to be 28", the 1.5 cams should be fine, no need to swap them out.
    Thats the same draw as mine.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    If your draw needs to be 28", the 1.5 cams should be fine, no need to swap them out.
    Thats the same draw as mine.
    Don.
    one would think that based off their advertising of their cam, but the first whole in the cam starts your off at 29" and all the specs are good so I know the bow is tuned up.....others have shown the same thing with their shadowcats

Post Thanks / Like

has anyone on here shot both the older nitro cam and the nitro 3 cams and would like to elaborate on the difference in feel between them and any other points about the new ones....just wondering if there are any big improvements

Post Thanks / Like

On my 2011 Shadowcat, the first hole in the 1.5 mod goes down to 27".
    Everyone that I know with the modular riser Shadowcats are the same, the 2.0 starts at 29".
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    On my 2011 Shadowcat, the first hole in the 1.5 mod goes down to 27".
    Everyone that I know with the modular riser Shadowcats are the same, the 2.0 starts at 29".
    Don.

rally, is that 27" with the draw stop in the correct location where the cable just touch the cable stops on the cams.....i had taken off and measured up my strings and cables and put those in specs....my ata is in spec at 45 lbs...dont remember if it was maxed out......i am pretty sure these are the 1.5 cams

Post Thanks / Like

Top cam is the 1.5, bottom is the 2.0.
    2.0+vs+1.5[1].jpg

8. Likes Hutch~n~Son Archery liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Top cam is the 1.5, bottom is the 2.0.
    2.0+vs+1.5[1].jpg
    Spiker ..thanks for the pics...mine look exactly like the top pic,, so they are definitely 1.5 cams......any idea what things could give a 2" difference than spec in the draw length setting