Thread: CCS trouble

Post Thanks / Like

Default CCS trouble

I have a 2009 model Martin Firecat TR2 with 1.5 cams, set at 60# and 26 in draw. I've been have trouble lately with one of my cables going over one of the ccs wheels to the other and rubbing the cables together. What would cause this? The string and cables are good so I know that's not the problem. Anyone ever have trouble with the ccs wheels wearing out maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

It could be that the cables are both on the wrong roller and need rerouted. I've never seen a CCS roller wear out, but I guess anything is possible. Only way to tell is to pull the cables away from the rollers and try to wiggle them and see if there's any play. There should be very little, if any. Push comes to shove you can order replacement parts to convert it to a standard rod/slide configuration. IMO opinion the CCS pulles the cables too far to the side giving more fletching clearance than needed. What I did with my Alien Z was loosen the bolts holding it to the riser and put a 1/8" spacer (small washer) behind the front bolt so as to angle the whole assembly closer to the string. This entailed a bit of reaming of the front hole in the CCS using a drill, but I think the results were worth it.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Well everything seems to be correct on the bow as far as the cables go. It doesn't do it all the time. I did shoot a 300 round the other night and had no problems so I don't know. If I did decide to put on a rod and slider would it convert decent?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they make a bracket that bolts in the shot. The rod slides in and is cinched with a setscrew and the slide slides on the rod. It's a direct bolt-on.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Cool i'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Can Share where to have to convertion kit?

a link or two will be nice...

at least those who read this thread will find the right conversion kit, instead of asking around again.
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.

Post Thanks / Like

You can order the parts from Martin.
    The cable guard bracket is CG4, the straight carbon rod is CG7C, the teflon slide is BP50.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Spiker. I just thought it was understood that Martin makes the parts. Daiwapenn makes a good point though.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver