Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Onza XT on the way to Montana for a rebuild

Post Thanks / Like

Dwsome deal, wish I'd seen it.
    I'd love a project bow like that.

Congrats.

Kev
    2009 AlienX
    2009 AlienX (not a misprint, I have two)
    2010 AlienX
    I have other bows as well

Post Thanks / Like

You are what owning Martin's is all about. You can take one, basically from the ashes, and rebuild it up to be as good or better than new. I did some research and actually found some full ceramic bearings that will fit Nitrous cams! Also found some hybrid ones..stainless steel with ceramic rollers and stainless dust covers that might be a little better for hunting bows. Yes things are exciting in Martin land. Also heard just yesterday that if he gets caught up on his limb orders, Dave Barnesdale might make a limited run of square tip limbs for us older Martin folks next summer!
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go! that just makes it more fun now you have a new toy to build! Colors colors colors!!! make it stand out!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mxtuner1 View Post
    You are what owning Martin's is all about. You can take one, basically from the ashes, and rebuild it up to be as good or better than new. I did some research and actually found some full ceramic bearings that will fit Nitrous cams! Also found some hybrid ones..stainless steel with ceramic rollers and stainless dust covers that might be a little better for hunting bows. Yes things are exciting in Martin land. Also heard just yesterday that if he gets caught up on his limb orders, Dave Barnesdale might make a limited run of square tip limbs for us older Martin folks next summer!
    Let us know if he goes ahead with the square tips. I would like to get some more options for builds.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mxtuner1 . I gotta say I love Martin bows Ive shot many other bows but Martins always draw me to them Ive always liked them from design to the grips wich to me sells the bow . If you dont like the grip youll never like the bow. Martin has always kinda picked me and when I can have 2-3 bows fully loaded and even customized for less than 1 of the other big 4 companies bows its a no brainer and oh yeah they r the most accurate bows in the world. I hope Dave does make some square tip limbs I would like to try and make my a cougar 4se have nitrous cams but am unwilling to try anything on that bow unless I had another set of limbs to play with to much senimental value in that one to frankenbow quite yet.
    2013 Martin Onza Xt
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter turned Silencer
    2006 Martin Cougar 4se
    Fred Bear Grizzly @ 45lbs and Shakespear wonderbow @ 50lbs
    Love bows and everything bout bow hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I hope he can do better than the $225 + shipping he quoted me for a set of limbs!!

And you've got to give some more info on these bearings you're talking about!!

Post Thanks / Like

Would be real nice if Dave would make a run of square butt 17" Elite limbs as well!!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

got the onza today everthings there just need to finish stripping it and send it off to get redone. I put the limbs and nitro3 cams on my ridge hunter and it shoots nicely no real difference in the 2s and 3s . The limbs r 1m and make the ridge hunter 50lbs and feels really good think I might leave this combo and put the nitro2s on the onza with the Barnesdales.
    2013 Martin Onza Xt
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc
    2006 Martin Cougar 4se

Post Thanks / Like

IMG_20140224_145710_963.jpggot the riser almost stripped just a little green left in the nooks was thinking of try in to build some sideplates out of elk antler and the 2 pieces where riser bolts together
    2013 Martin Onza Xt
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc
    2006 Martin Cougar 4se

Post Thanks / Like

Right on, looks like a fun project. I like the idea about the antler inserts. Can't wait to see it
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps