Thread: cams

longcut36

Default cams

I have a cougar 3 with nitous X cams. I would like to change it to the cable guard system. can some one tell me what all I would have to do. would I need 2 split cables. can I use the modules on the cam and remove 1 module on each end of the bow. I dont have a martin pro shop close so I hope some one here can help. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Nitrouscam with Cable Guard. I just can tell you what cables and so on i have.

Cam - Just remove the X-Module. It should be on the left side of the cam with a right hand bow.

Cables - You need one string (the one you have..) and two Cables with a yoke at one end.

And of course you need a cable guard.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

You'll also need shorter screws for the modules. Of course, you don't even really need to remove the X modules. Just leave them on for now.

As mentioned, two cables with a yoke (same length as your X cables), a cable rod and slide.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh.

I guess that is right, yes.

bfisher just rocked the house again and answered every thread. xD
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Default cams

like BFisher said why even worry about removing the other side just ignore it. It will be there if you ever need it in the future.

longcut36

thanks ever one. now if I can figure out some way to mount the cable guard I will be in good shape.

Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn't be that hard to mount. Just slide it in the hole provided and tighten up the set screw. You do have a set screw in the hole, right?

longcut36

this bow does not have a set screw. I think it must use a 2 piece wedge thing with a screw thur them to clamp on the gaurd.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I idn't know Martin used them. You might need to see a Martin dealer or call cutomer service. However, I'm pretty sure that some of the lower end PSE and Browning bows use a clamp such as you are speaking of. So maybe one of their dealers would have one.