Thread: Dicks Sporting Goods

Unregistered

Default Dicks Sporting Goods

How do the Martin Compound Bow Models sold at Dicks compare to your regular production models?

cagstorm

If I am not mistaken, Dicks is a Gold series dealer. That just means they cant sell the "high-end" bows that Martin makes. They can sell bows like the Saber, Leopard, Cheetah, Bengal, and Mystic. These are ALL really good bows. I personally shoot a Saber and love it.

Post Thanks / Like

I forget the actual name that Dicks has on their "Martin made" bow, but it uses the same components as the rest of the Martin line. If they carry regular Martin bows it will be as cagstorm says---Gold Series.

Either way, Martin only makes 3 limbs for their bows and they are all laminated. The only difference is the length; 13", 14", and 17" Elite limbs. Cams are cams. They're all made from machined aluminum.

The difference between Dick's bow and pure Martin's might be a differently machined riser.

MarkFrantz

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I forget the actual name that Dicks has on their "Martin made" bow, but it uses the same components as the rest of the Martin line. If they carry regular Martin bows it will be as cagstorm says---Gold Series.

Either way, Martin only makes 3 limbs for their bows and they are all laminated. The only difference is the length; 13", 14", and 17" Elite limbs. Cams are cams. They're all made from machined aluminum.

The difference between Dick's bow and pure Martin's might be a differently machined riser.
    Its called the Monster Buck Hunter i have one , it has the M-Pro cam and all the specs as the Cheetah , i have Both and they are completely identical and shoot identical the only thing different is the logo's on them .

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mark. I just can never remember the name of all the bows out there. Who can? They change everything every year.

cagstorm

So... do they have a Firecat knock-off?

flytier17

No, Bcuz that is a pro-series bow.

Their not really knock-offs, just a different model name. All the specs for their bows can now be found on the tech info page.

I also don't believe there is a Mystic version, because they are more of a target bow.