Thread: Rytera Alien Z

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rytera Alien Z

So I purchased a Rytera Alien z back in October from KM archery hut. I have shot the bow maybe 200 times since I got it and have had several issues with it. First the cam module screws don't stay tight I think the holes may be to large or something else I really don't know but I guess ill order a new module to see if this helps. Second the string is beginning to fray around my peep badly, and I now have to replace it with less then 200 shots. I think this is completely ridiculous being brand new. Has anyone else had any problems like this? I thought Martin made some decent bows but after getting this one and already dishing out money to fix it I am having serious buyers remorse!

Post Thanks / Like

Put some BLUE Locktite (sparingly) on the screws. Do not over tighten, just snug them down good, these are small screws and can be damaged if you over tighten them. Perhaps whoever installed your peep damaged the string. Call Hutch I am sure he can set you up with new strings. There are a lot of small things need to be taken into account when working on compound bows.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have some string wax, you might try applying some on the screw threads then run the screws into the holes and snug them down (again, don't over tighten). I found this "cure" some time ago and it works. If it doesn't work for you then go with the Locktite. The string wax seems to work as a mild thread locker and lubricant. If you think the screw holes are too large check for excess wobble or slop with the screw threaded into the hole. If that's the case you might also want to see if a different set of screws might fit better, or even see if slightly larger screws might resolve the issue. I'd still try the string wax or Locktite once you check things out.
    08/12 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made torque reducing cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

Its not Martins fault your peep is fraying the string,they didn't put it in.Who ever installed the peep must have nicked a couple of strands putting it in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by novich69 View Post
    Its not Martins fault your peep is fraying the string,they didn't put it in.Who ever installed the peep must have nicked a couple of strands putting it in.
    Pretty much hit the nail on the head here with that. It is a pain to have problems with something you just purchased but try to point the blame in the right direction or the real reason for some of those issues. Solutions to the mod screws are a common thing and it isn't just a Martin thing.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are right. Not Martins fault and this bow is amazingly accurate. 4in groups at 50yrds and I'm not the greatest archer. I just got frustrated because its brand new and I'm already fixing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by louiswillis View Post
    You guys are right. Not Martins fault and this bow is amazingly accurate. 4in groups at 50yrds and I'm not the greatest archer. I just got frustrated because its brand new and I'm already fixing it.
    It sucks that you have to fix something on a new purchase, but just think what an arrow flinging machine it will be when everything is right. Welcome to the site.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade