Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini Martin Tigress Frankenbow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mini Martin Tigress Frankenbow

Anyone here ever make up a mini Martin Tigress? I am in the process of putting together a 13" limb nitrous "A" with mini mods and shoot through for my granddaughter. I will let you know how the bow spec's out when I am done. The 5 inches of draw length adjustment and 15 lbs of draw weight adjustment will all help. As far as limbs, they have been modified...we will see the end results soon. Pics when finished.
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the guys that where around when I first joined had a Leopard with Nitrous A cams, that he built for his grandson. RogerSR went back to traditional, can find him over on TradTalk. I can't remember if it was a shoot-thru or not, I'd think with that short ATA the string angle would be pretty sharp with a cable guard version. Hurry up with those pics Jim!!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

3. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This looks like a cool build, keep us updated!

5. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While awaiting strings from Hutch or his oldest hatchling daughter, I have an interesting observation. The limb angle appears to be more like Scepter's than Slayr's, and the brace is gonna be short....but great! 11 year old's need as much powerstroke in their bow as can be made.
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

Post Thanks / Like

20140303_182621.jpg It's Done!!!! The MINI-Tigress!!

8. Thanks Arrow Splitter thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Coolest thing is I put mini modules on it....and it was exactly her draw length! Thank you Barry, Hutch, Hutchett, and also unnamed Hutchett Jr. (Slingmaker), and many others. Everything has worked to perfection so far on it. I have not measured the draw length but I believe the minimum setting would be 20" and the Max 23. Haven't checked draw weight either but she can barely pull it back on max so have room to grow. I think max is around 25 lbs but will check it soon. ATA is 34.25...perfect. And now for the brace...4.5 inches!!!! Long powerstroke for a young girl!!! She is beaming.
    Last edited by mxtuner1; 03-03-2014 at 10:48 PM.

10. Thanks Hutch~n~Son Archery thanked for this post
    String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a winner for you and your granddaughter. A big thumbs up to you Mxtuner1!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

12. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

coolest kids bow ever what a beauty
    2013 Martin Onza Xt
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter turned Silencer
    2006 Martin Cougar 4se
    Fred Bear Grizzly @ 45lbs and Shakespear wonderbow @ 50lbs
    Love bows and everything bout bow hunting!!!

14. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That looks great mxtuner1.
    Bow String Depot We Build Custom Strings and Slings
    email @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

05 Martin Jaguar
    Silly Boys Hunting is for Girls

16. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That is a low brace height, are the vanes going to clear the rest? Those 13"
    limbs sure brought the brace height down. As you say, a long power stroke for her draw length.
    Beautifull riser, is that Colorado Copper?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

18. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post