Thread: Cell Phone

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cell Phone

I feel like a dumb azz. Came in this evening, stripped down and tossed my jeans into the laundry basket. You know where this is going, right? Anyway, decided to do the laundry. Later I couldn't find my phone. Looked all over then thought, "O Crap". Went down to the washer and sure nuff, there was my phone still in my Jeans pocket. My phone is nice and clean, but a might dysfunctional. Got a hair dryer blowing on it for several hours now. Guess we'll see if it ever wants to work again, but I have my doubts. Worse part is this is not the first time. Did it again three years ago.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Barry, phones don't swim No joking here though. Expensive calculator, very functional sucker. Plug into computer, machine type controllers, contact NASA. Get the picture? Technician lays $$$calculator on tray near sluice way of my machine. Oh yeah. 1000 gal coolant tank. Machining coolant isn't just water, synthetic lubricants and anti-rust inhibitors. Luckily, the calculator makes it out of the tank via 4 foot wide chain link conveyor belt. Could have come like pea gravel..

LPS saves the day. I've got can out in the garage and can check on the correct name. It's electrical spray, cleans contacts, switches and all that stuff. Maintenance Foreman took the covers off and sprayed it clean, a real bath with the spray, like dripping wet. Clean, he used light air to blow it dry. $$$calculator works like brand new.

You know, depending on how pricey your cell phone is, they have insurance for them. Yep. MC works construction and has his insured. He's kinda clumsy You know, them cell phones don't bounce from a 50 foot drop. They don't take to being run over by a truck either.
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

Post Thanks / Like

My brother's got ran over by a dump truck....still lit up just unresponsive....

But the worst phone accident was when a coworker had his fed into an industrial wood chipper.....came out in little tiny pieces.........

4. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Clk Bfish, I just can't figured out the size of my tolit seat in the main barroom. My phone is like a small pice of sand when it drops into the obiss. Been there done that.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Get a bowl full of rice and open your phone up,and put into rice. May take up to 3 days for it to dry out.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard the rice trick works
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

Post Thanks / Like

Grandson takes a bike ride the other day, Iphone in shorts pocket, suddenly there's all kinds of noise, and his Iphone hits the pavement... Yep, landed and balanced long enough to get run through the sprocket, now works about 30%, has a few mechanicial problems.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade